Non Digi Camera for nature / long distance shots

erebus1

Limp Gawd
hello, wondering if anyone could gimme some advice on some cameras too look at

im a real noob to this stuff, i do have a nikon coolpix 2500 that i mess around with now, but im looking at possible taking some long distance / nature shots in hi res without spending 2000 dollars on digital equipment, is there anything i could get for say around 100 bucks that i could learn on and add stuff on to it as i go?

thanks

Maybe film SLR's? Dont think you can find a decent one that you can add on for $100. Maybe 1000 for DSLR. It sounds like you want a DSLR, because you want to add on later on...

You're not going to find something for $100 unless you already have a SLR body to work with or at least a digicam that takes teleconverters.

Try one of the superzoom digicams made by Canon or Panasonic, you're going to want a 300+ mm equivalent focal length for birds and stuff

Find a local camera shop and buy a used single lense reflex (SLR) for around $100. This will probably come with a standard wide angle lense. I suggest Pentax or Minolta. You will be able to change aperature, shutter speed and f-stops with a simple slr. Then in the future buy yourself new lenses such as telescopic or wide angle/fish eye lenses, they might cost more than the camera. As for high-defiition shots, use a low speed film (100-200) for the least-grainy pictures, for this you will need a tripod. If you want action shots that are not blurry you will need a higher speed film (400-800 and up) The lower the film speed the slower the shutter speed you will need. For actions shots you need a higher speed film and faster shutter speed. Aperature controls the brightness of the light the film is exposed to, the list of combinations and features are almost endless, it's fun to experiment. Buy yourself a basic photography book to go along with it. Have fun.

Look at the minolta and pentax here. There are some for around $100.

Oh, and the cool part is that these cameras are highly customizable... different flashes, lenses, auto winders, remote shutter releases, etc.

Back