Non-Deal of the Day: $700 HDMI Cable

In for 1, I mean I had to take out a loan for it - but when it comes to great picture quality you can't get cheap!

I'm really glad they found a way to make light travel faster than it does, I think Audioquest would have gotten some sort of scientific award by now?!

I thought this was a price error, did some digging and NOPE! Audioquest is just that retarded, when will people learn! FFS!

About HDMI:
The HDMI standard was created to transfer uncompressed digital audio and video. HDMI cables many internal conductors include communication channels, which allow automatic display and source matching for resolution, format and aspect ratio.

To transfer full-resolution 1080p video requires using the HDMI interface. Component video outputs are limited to 720p or 1080i.

- Standard Speed HDMI cable will at-minimum transfer 1080i, 720p, 1080p/30Hz source material.
- High Speed HDMI cable will in addition transfer 1080p/120Hz, 4K, 3D video.
- With Ethernet HDMI cable (with HEC) includes conductors for bi-directional Ethernet communication. Ethernet capability is independent of Speed capability.

Features:
72V Dielectric-Bias System (DBS) saturates and polarizes insulation, greatly reducing
digital-audio distortion.
Solid 10.0% Silver-Plated LGC conductors eliminate inter-strand distortion and reduce jitter.
HD Polyethylene composition optimized to ensure critical signal-pair geometry.
State-of-the-art HDMI standard size connectors featuring Direct-Silver contacts.
Fifth twisted-pair for Ethernet and to enable additional Audio Return Channel options.
All signal conductors controlled for digital-audio direction. To for main signal, From for Audio Return Channel (audio from TV to AV receiver).

See? you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

- With Ethernet HDMI cable (with HEC) includes conductors for bi-directional Ethernet communication. Ethernet capability is independent of Speed capability.

BI DIRECTIONAL ETHERNET!? NO WAI!?

It should almost be illegal to price gouge like that. But, if people with a spare $800 laying around want to spend it on a sub $10 HDMI cable, who are we to judge?

I agree it should be illigal to price gouge like that. People are not stupid they're just not tech savy and a good salesman can take advantage, he can show you a tv with component cables and tv with an hdmi and tell you that the component are standard hdmi cables and guy with some money will be sold.

Audioquest sucks balls id one of there exec to death if a family member bought one.

I love the 1st guys rating 5 stars and he was hooking up a xbox to a monster 17 inch Hd tv with this cable.... hehe Sarcasm.

Who wrote the reviews on there for that? Especially the idiot that said he financed it and had to have Geek Squad come out and install it. I think the most I ever paid for an HDMI cable was $15, and that was for the 25 foot one. All the rest I paid less than $10. No complaints about any of them.

whats the return policy is my question?

I bet they make a fortune if they have a 15% Restocking fee ;)

Who wrote the reviews on there for that? Especially the idiot that said he financed it and had to have Geek Squad come out and install it. I think the most I ever paid for an HDMI cable was $15, and that was for the 25 foot one. All the rest I paid less than $10. No complaints about any of them.

I hope to god you are being sarcastic. I bought 4 of these. You can't go wrong with QUALITY!:D

im thinking about buying one for my dvd player, i want the best quality from my $1 dvds!

The product reviews of the cables are the best, here is my humble submission:

Nickname BioeyeFreak
My Location: Ork, Texas

Review summary: Amazing product for a holiday gift!

My Review:

I have bionic eyes which means anything with less than 99.99999999999% purity I detect immediately. As you can imagine, it is very difficult to live with this terrible imobolizing handicap condition. Because of my dreaded affliction, I am unable to appreciate anything that would have a hint of distortion or imperfection, which may be why I am constantly getting divorced.

When I watch TV, I must enjoy my programming on my 2 million dollar specialized 10,800p space monitor with a harmonizing monkey upscaler that transforms standard 1080p into 10,800p. Because of my exacting requirements, I cannot use just any cable to connect to my 15 million dollar cable box. These AudioQuest 6' cables are heaven sent, because my techs were going to charge me $600k for their version of these exquisite exacting cables.

I come from a large family of over 50,000 relatives that suffer from the same horrific bionic eye condition that I have and as you can imagine it is quite difficult to do my holiday shopping for so many poor souls with the same dreaded curse. I am so happy that I found these cables that I have decided to give each of my relatives two cables for baby Jesus day, so I hope my order of 100,000 cables does not back log their system for other humanoids to purchase.

To be fair, they are BETTER quality than the monoprice one. Better picture?? That i will never know :)

LOL @ this crap from their description:

INDULGE YOURSELF!
With the Indulgence Series of HDMI cable, AudioQuest is proud to introduce the next evolution of HDMI cable performance. Why the word "indulgence"? When we set aside the time for audio/video entertainment in the home we are, after all, allowing ourselves a bit of well-earned personal indulgence. We allow ourselves time for emotional transportation via video and sound.

Did you know that there are huge differences in the sound of HDMI cables? As part of AudioQuest’s re-examination of HDMI cable design, specific attention was paid to maximizing the sonic performance of HDMI. While we’ve been aware of this since HDMI’s introduction, AQ’s Indulgence HDMI series push the HDMI sonic performance to new levels. While test equipment is excellent at tracking control errors or ensuring data pass through, no computer can compete with the human ear when it comes to perceiving the subtle but crucial audio errors and distortion that can reduce the enjoyment of your home theater system.

AudioQuest begins with Long-Grain Copper (LGC) and adds increasing amounts of silver-plate culminating in Diamond HDMI, whose 5 primary signal pairs are made using solid Perfect-Surface Silver (PSS). AQ listens to each primary signal conductor in every Indulgence HDMI cable to determine proper conductor orientation. Solid Polyethylene insulation ensures stable conductor geometry while minimizing insulation induced phase distortion.

While the focus of the Indulgence Series HDMI cables is groundbreaking audio, video performance is hardly an afterthought. All Indulgence HDMI cables are High Speed compliant up to and including 8 meters and all will transfer 1080P/120HZ/4K/3D video. All Indulgence HDMI cables deliver 100% of the data required for 120/Hz/240Hz/600Hz displays. All AudioQuest Indulgence series HDMI are 100% QC tested to pass 1080P at every length and all contain the 5th twisted pair for the new Ethernet and Audio Return Channel options. AudioQuest Indulgence HDMI cables have been designed to maximize your audio and video experience.

The product reviews of the cables are the best, here is my humble submission:

Nickname BioeyeFreak
My Location: Ork, Texas

Review summary: Amazing product for a holiday gift!

My Review:

I have bionic eyes which means anything with less than 99.99999999999% purity I detect immediately. As you can imagine, it is very difficult to live with this terrible imobolizing handicap condition. Because of my dreaded affliction, I am unable to appreciate anything that would have a hint of distortion or imperfection, which may be why I am constantly getting divorced.

When I watch TV, I must enjoy my programming on my 2 million dollar specialized 10,800p space monitor with a harmonizing monkey upscaler that transforms standard 1080p into 10,800p. Because of my exacting requirements, I cannot use just any cable to connect to my 15 million dollar cable box. These AudioQuest 6' cables are heaven sent, because my techs were going to charge me $600k for their version of these exquisite exacting cables.

I come from a large family of over 50,000 relatives that suffer from the same horrific bionic eye condition that I have and as you can imagine it is quite difficult to do my holiday shopping for so many poor souls with the same dreaded curse. I am so happy that I found these cables that I have decided to give each of my relatives two cables for baby Jesus day, so I hope my order of 100,000 cables does not back log their system for other humanoids to purchase.

What I like about the cables: Everything
What I don't like about the cables: I have Pron-able difficulties

....... are you kidding me? $700 for some wire? it better be freaking platinum wire with gold shielding or something. lmao I am sure that people have bought these or they wouldn't have em because the company would be bankrupt (which is just sad that people buy stuff like this).

That's nothing if you want good sound. I mean, come on... If I had enough money I'd build a power plant with a audiophile grade power line from there to my house that produces audiophile electricity. And only audiophiles may work there or else lesser people's bad karma would ruin my music experience.

In college I had two room mates, one of which was one of those "golden ears" guys. Make no mistake, I like great sound (used to build recording studios for a living) but when the roomie came home with two 10' speaker cables that he said he paid $400.00 for, we just about crapped.

So....one night when he was out we swapped them out with 12ga zip cord. He listened to his system for three months in complete bliss. It was only until he went to dust things off that he discovered our trick. "Pissed" would be an understatement.....:p

We have a local store that is the brick and mortar equivalent of Monoprice....but they are across the street. Their $4.00 HDMI cables seem to work just fine to me......:D

HDMI cables are a rip off in the stores. Buy them online and you can get them a tenth of the price in stores. And their signal is digital so there wouldn't be any difference in the display!

while analog cables, like component do benefit from 'high quality' materials like silver and gold, honestly, HDMI and other digital connects do not, they either work perfectly or they do not work at all

with digital connections there is no difference on a $100,000 cable and a $10, if the $10 cable makes a connection then it just works

I wonder how the CEO of AudioQuest sleeps at night....

Probably on a mattress stuffed with money ...

this reminds me of the $1000 iphone app. it idid nothing and yet something like 14 people bought it.

I wonder how the CEO of AudioQuest sleeps at night....

Probably on a mattress stuffed with money ...

I'm sure he or she sleeps quite well. Personally I see nothing wrong with this. If people are stupid enough to buy this cable, its not my problem. I have zero pity for people who buy shit without doing some basic research and asking some random moron who works at Best Buy doesn't count as basic research.

also reminds of when I was desperate for a DVI cable and I went to radio shack. they were selling it for 115$. I wasn't that desperate.

I'm surprised there have been no defenders of this product. There is usually one sucker that got screwed over, can't admit it, and feels the need to defend their purchase.

Are some of the comments made by the cable manufacture's employees or are all trolls?

Back