Non AAA games that are worth a look.

I have this on the ps3, it is one of the best platformers I have ever played. It is very hard. The boss battles are epic. One of the few good PSN store purchases I have made.
I am not a big platformer, but this game is just a lot of fun. Everything is VERY doable, and even the pseudo bullet-hell sections are not TOO hard once you get the pacing. It reminds me A LOT of MegamanX in it's pacing, rhythm based sections and slow acquisition of abilities used to beat later baddies.

not for Bone_Enterprise

I guess not, lol. :p

Really though, it's pretty hard to royally fuck up. You can always take out loans and the interest is pretty reasonable if you need quick cash.

Cryostasis
Necrovision
Alpha Protocol(I haven't gotten to it yet I'm told it's flawed but fun)
Risen(Imagine Elderscrolls but more of an action game really hilarious and fun)
Sniper Elite NZA
The STALKER series
Hotline Miami
Lost Planet
Prey
PAYDAY: The Heist (Actually just joined a group of professional players so I don't have to play with mr. Blonde.)
Killing Floor
LIMBO

Still thinking...

I wish I could Recommend E.Y.E which I recently finished but I don't feel like the Developers fleshed it out as much as they could of so it's a game with more good ideas than substance. I still rank it as a quality game but its very low on the list. Definitely only a recommend for people with a lot of patience.

GREAT list. I'm surprised I never played RISEN I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J078cb1CuUE to get a peek at it. Honestly, as soon as I'm done with TR I'll be playing this.

Risen is a fun game, if you've ever played the first three Gothic games it has a similar feel because it was made by the same people. I thought the game kind of nose dived at the end but the rest of the game was good enough that I didn't really mind.

If anyone's looking in the simulator category, seriously, check out Euro Truck Simulator 2. SCS has come a long way since their 18 WoS days.

I was lucky enough to get into the closed beta for Gift Wrapping Simulator 2013, and let me tell you...

In other news I really hate the current vogue for "Indie" sidescrollers. Maybe its a generational thing but already got it out of my system circa Commodore 64

GREAT list. I'm surprised I never played RISEN I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J078cb1CuUE to get a peek at it. Honestly, as soon as I'm done with TR I'll be playing this.

I screwed up and locked myself out of learning magic. Had to use scrolls throughout most of it. I'd give it around an upper 8/10 it looks very good it for its age and the combat is a lot of fun. Play it on PC quicksave a lot.

In other news I really hate the current vogue for "Indie" sidescrollers. Maybe its a generational thing but already got it out of my system circa Commodore 64

Agreed. I thought we had evolved further in gaming, but apparently it's the "cool, retro" thing to do now. They're like the hipsters of games.

Back