Nomination: Hard DC'er of the Month -- November 2010

Zero82z

Fully [H]
Now that we finally have a winner for October, it's time for the next round!

Nominate the best and the shiniest!

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?
Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the begining of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.
Q: How do things work?
Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month. The nominated people move onto a poll and the Poll will be open for 10 days following the end of the nomination thread. The remaining part of the month is reserved for congratulating the winner and have fun. Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reaons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.
For the [H]ard|DCer of the Year, there is no nominations thread because the only worthy candidates is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month winners for the current year. The poll to choose a winner is done in 2 steps : The first poll will include all 12 winners for the current year and we select only the best 4 winners which will participate in the next round. If there is a tie in the first 4 ranks, the tie winners will move together. In the second round, the one with the most votes will be declared the winner but if there is a tie, a runoff vote will be held. Each step will last 10 days.
Q: What does the winner get as prize?
Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]ard|DCer award, there is only so much we can do in the way of prizes The [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.
Q: Are there any rules for this?
To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.
Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.
You cannot nominate yourself.
HardDCer of the Year winners is excluded forever.
Any contestation or question about the nomination thread should be done via PM.

Ccity

because he is a BAMF

good enough Tobit ?

Last edited:
You noobs don't know how to read the rules do you? Included with your nomination you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated. :p

Slackers.

[H]ecklerKoc[H]

For his "D" and helping me in my fight with my R2 Gene.

Are you happy now Tobit????????

MIBW, for the tireless work on SR-2 optimization
SazenEyes - for having two x dual hex SR-2s running

I realize HK will win this month, but these two folders are definately worthy candidates as well.

Last edited:
I need someone to wipe the dirty floor so I will also nominate HK ;)

You noobs don't know how to read the rules do you? Included with your nomination you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated. :p

Slackers.

I stand by my reason :p:D

I nominate the same 3 that I nominated for last month.

#1 TJMagneto for his role in the core i7 system giveaway. He donated some premo stuff.

#2. HK for his contributions to this team. Lets face it, that is some hardcore production.

#3. Jedi955 for his easy folding utility. Yeah I know he folds for that "other" team, but this is a huge contribution that has made folding much easier for those who were turned off by the complexity of the various clients.

For the SR-2 work and the help.
- MIBW
- SazenEyes

Thanks people..

( And [H]ecklerKoc[H] ,,,, because he was robbed! ;) )

Last edited:
I vote me, myself and Ire....... myself....

j/k

I vote on HK for this month.

italics

oh wait I did that wrong

HK for being the mowiest mower on the team

HK for refining the art of mowing and making it truly an art form, also for the hw pr0n, can't get enough hw pr0n

Aww thanks guys for the nom, but let's reward the heavy hitters before a noob like me.. I second (or 151st, whatever) HK for the defining what moar D means.

I nominate HK for the sheer awesomeness that is #1 producer per day for the past month.

Mow on!

I nominate Mtnduey for his production, donations to the raffles, and because the company he works for was just bought by Oracle for a billion. Hopefully Oracle will send him some new SPARC T3's to play with soon. :p

Mtnduey would definitely be another good nomination.

Last edited:
HK for number 1 production for the team and brining a whole new meaning to the folding [H]ard

[H]ecklerKoc[H] cuz he didn't win last month and everyone wants Tobit to be happy :)

Aww thanks guys for the nom, but let's reward the heavy hitters before a noob like me.. I second (or 151st, whatever) HK for the defining what moar D means.

Says you currently constructing a 3rd SR-2 with dual x5680 no less:eek:

I nominate Mtnduey for his production, donations to the raffles, and because the company he works for was just bought by Oracle for a billion. Hopefully Oracle will send him some new SPARC T3's to play with soon. :p

hehe tks bud, this should be an interesting transition, still a bit dazed from the announcement yesterday

wow i just looked at [H]ecklerKoc[H] 's stats.

nominated because he began on 8-31-10 and has the highest PPD of anyone on the team.

I'm going to nominate osrk. He was the canary in regards to trying out the L5639 and now we have another feeding frenzy beginning.

also lets not forget Sazaneyes - nominated above, and 10e.

10e was responsible for the NUMA disable trick that added 10% to the output of nearly every SR2 in the team... which is like adding another 2 SR2's to the [H]orde for free.

Back