Nomination: DC'er of the Month: January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
Who is worthy of this honor?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

More rules and policies are below.

Nominate the best and the brightest!

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?

Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the beginning of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.

Q: How do things work?

Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month. The nominated people move onto a poll and the Poll will be open for 10 days following the end of the nomination thread. The remaining part of the month is reserved for congratulating the winner and have fun. Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reaons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.

For the [H]ard|DCer of the Year, there is no nominations thread because the only worthy candidates is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month winners for the current year. The poll to choose a winner is done in 2 steps : The first poll will include all 12 winners for the current year and we select only the best 4 winners which will participate in the next round. If there is a tie in the first 4 ranks, the tie winners will move together. In the second round, the one with the most votes will be declared the winner but if there is a tie, a runoff vote will be held. Each step will last 10 days.

Q: What does the winner get as prize?

Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]ard|DCer award, there is only so much we can do in the way of prizes The [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.

Q: Are there any rules for this?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.

You cannot nominate yourself.

Hard DCer of the Year winners are excluded forever.

Any contestation or question about the nomination thread should be done via PM.

Pocatello, my humble suggestion is to reserve Jan and Feb nomination to those who participate in folding@home for the month of Jan and Feb. There is an upcoming challenge with TAAT team in Jan 23rd to Jan 30th. Just a thought.

Oh btw, looking forward for you to help the team too ;)

We can reserve spots if that helps us get nominations.

However, it has been 5 days and we have zero nominations.

We need two nominations for a race.

We have many worthy contributors to the team. Please bring on the nominations.

I think that's because it is still early in the year and we are still half asleep.... ;)

All right. I'll give you two nominations.

I nominate Agent_N because he is going to help us big time with some of his mining cards for the upcoming FAH challenge. (I'm counting the chickens before the eggs are hatched.:rolleyes:)

Also, I can nominte Jac_Sac because he suddenly turns on the (folding) spigot. Don't know if he has an account in [H] forum. If you are reading this, please do drop us a line. Thx.

I think that's because it is still early in the year and we are still half asleep.... ;)

I nominate Agent_N because he is going to help us big time with some of his mining cards for the upcoming FAH challenge. (I'm counting the chickens before the eggs are hatched.:rolleyes:)

Also, I can nominte Jac_Sac because he suddenly turns on the (folding) spigot. Don't know if he has an account in [H] forum. If you are reading this, please do drop us a line. Thx.
I need to get F@H set up on 3rd PC and then redistribute cards the Saturday before event.

Jad_Sac here, just sayin' hi to everyone :)

Pocatello , can we do the vote after the [H] vs TAAT folding at home challenge? Suggest we vote for Jan and Feb HDCOTM. Feb is a short month.;)

Anyone second this motion?

Thanks.

pututu When do you suggest we start the voting?
I propose after the challenge ends on Jan 30th, so start the voting on Jan 31st for two winners. Also might want to open the nomination thread till the end of the challenge on Jan 30th 12:00 UTC which is 4am/7am PT/ET.

Okay.

Let's vote for both January 2022 and February 2022 when we start voting on or about February 1, 2022. I propose that the top two vote getters are awarded the HDCOTM titles.

More nominations are welcome until the voting starts.

What a job switching over cards, had to redistribute differently than I had planned to get everything up and running for roughly 15 million PPD.

Attachments

• 45D46B5B-3BB0-4197-A094-1FC5B820A01A.jpeg
    45D46B5B-3BB0-4197-A094-1FC5B820A01A.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 0
  • C73A8909-6029-4474-B490-5F22C914EF3F.jpeg
    C73A8909-6029-4474-B490-5F22C914EF3F.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 49C902D9-23F1-4816-9EA3-1BF21CBBC9DD.jpeg
    49C902D9-23F1-4816-9EA3-1BF21CBBC9DD.jpeg
    585.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 609C4478-60F3-430E-A859-63673140BF5E.jpeg
    609C4478-60F3-430E-A859-63673140BF5E.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 1
  • 0CB8F8D5-833D-489B-9858-9648B043AB60.jpeg
    0CB8F8D5-833D-489B-9858-9648B043AB60.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 0
You can nominate anyone with a good reason. "To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated."

I think you can also nominate your brother, sister, mum, dad, children, etc with a reason (as long as they do contribute to DC in general), lol. We did nominate members from other DC teams too. ;)

DAMN, WFeather is our most improved Folder!!!!!!!

I NOM WFEATHER!!!!

(just kidding - I don't think he is eligible yet, right?)

Less than two days to close the nomination. This is for two HDCOTM titles (Jan and Feb).

I've already nominated, so not fair for me to nominate more ;) . We have many new and ex-folders (out of retirement?) showing off their new found gpu power. If you don't have gpu power, that's fine too but just show off your DC trash talk skills. I wonder who will that be, hmmm.

Am I allowed to nominate jad0083 for obvious reasons? Edit: For folding more than me?
He was already nommed and you can second it but that isn't required. No rule saying you have to describe why you second a nom (only takes one nom to be included anyways but doesn't hurt to shout out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back