Nokia N8: Worth the wait time?

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
I have read preview after preview for this device, and every one of them comes up the same. The hardware specs are fantastic, but the OS is half baked. I am looking to upgrade this year to a new phone, and really want to like the N8, it will do everything I want and will have no issues at all.

The only thing I am worried is that Nokia will release the phone 90% complete and put the rest of the work to the developers. My roommate has an N900 and while it is a fantastic phone hardware wise as well as mostly software, it has the issue of not being fully complete, and still to this day isn't fully what the phone is capable of being simply because it is limited by the OS.

At this point I am either stuck making a decision of the iPhone, or a BB 9700. I cannot get the N1 because of the AMOLED screen, I work outdoors for a living. Also I can't get any other awesome Android handsets because I will not get 3G in Canada with Rogers.

What should I do fellow [H] members, wait and hope that the N8 is the phone it deserves to be, or cut my losses and pick up a new iPhone 4 or a 9700?

Back