Noise Cancelling Headphones

digiram

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm interested in getting some good noise cancelling headphones for listening to music on an mp3 player or on my computer. Can someone recommend some good stuff for around 50-70 dollars.

I really like the bose stuff, I sample them at the mac store all the time, but the price is way out of my range.

digiram said:
I really like the bose stuff, I sample them at the mac store all the time, but the price is way out of my range.
If you really like the Bose cans, stick with the lowest end noise cancelling headphones you can find. You will be just as happy :p

Seriously, Bose sucks. In both headphones and speakers. Get the Sennheiser HD280s or HD201 (extremely cheap), and be done with it.

Yes, I have heard both of the Bose cans, and most of the Sennheiser line.

Funny pic taken by me at the NC Headroom meet:

p10100275qd.jpg

Dynahi + Wadia + Bose Triports :p

YaY.....:D, Thanks for the replies. I'll have to hunt down the senheiser stuff now.

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=463755

Dynamic HD280 Professional Closed Circumaural Headphone Reconditioned by Sennheiser
$66 shipped.

Features
• Closed, dynamic stereo headphones
• Accurate, linear sound reproduction for critical monitoring applications
• Optimum impedance ensures universal compatability
• Space saving design features collapsible, rotating earcups
• Up to 32 dB of ambient noise attenuation
• Neodymium magnets for high maximum SPL
• Single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5 mm mini jack with locking 1/4" adapter
• Very comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
• Rugged construction with user-replaceable parts
•1 year warranty

Dynahi + Wadia + Bose Triports :p

Someone please make it stop! :)

saturnine2: Did you happen to audition the HD201s?
I just ordered a set and will let you guys (and gals) know what the deal with those FOTM cans when they get here. ;)

Mister X said:
saturnine2: Did you happen to audition the HD201s?
Sure did! They are freaking awesome for the price IMO, fun sound, good build quality, and CHEAP! Great unamped, yet they show a considerable improvement with amplification.

More pics of the meet can be found here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=123478

GodsMadClown said:
Fad The Of Month...?
Close... Its "Flavor of the Month" :p

dhwilkin said:
- Bose Triports: Hahaha, yeah, these suck. They're better than your average stock earphone certainly, but for the money why not just buy several pairs of Koss KSC-35 (much better sound and value)?

I know I shouldn't cross forum quote someone but he is right. :p
And if you missed it Creative's Ebay store had a couple "refurbished" pairs of the KSC-35s for $19 plus something like $2 shipping.
(which made them a pretty good deal)
Link

They are freaking awesome for the price IMO, fun sound, good build quality, and CHEAP! Great unamped, yet they show a considerable improvement with amplification.

DAMNIT.
Now I got to wait three days till they get here. :p

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The HD210s came today.
My short impression is:
HOLY SHIT!
For $17 they kick some serious tail!

More impressions after I spend some more time with them. :)

Mister X said:
The HD210s came today.
My short impression is:
HOLY SHIT!

Which is better, 215 or 280, mostly for games and some Music (recordings monitoring)?

Donnie27

For audio analysis, the 280's are outstanding cans. They are good for monitoring recording tweakage.

GodsMadClown said:
For audio analysis, the 280's are outstanding cans. They are good for monitoring recording tweakage.

Thank you very much.

Donnie27

Donnie27 said:
Which is better, 215 or 280, mostly for games and some Music (recordings monitoring)?

The HD280s
(the bass responce on the HD215s leaves a lot to be desired)

Mister X said:
The HD210s came today.
My short impression is:
HOLY SHIT!

Where did you order yours from? Headphone.com has got a pretty long wait on them right now, and they seem to be out of stock everywhere that has a reasonable value.

Do you think 30.00 shipped would be a good price for them to have them sooner? Found some one ebay...

I got mine from Buy dot com but they are out of stock.
Try Tigerdirect....

Mister X said:
The HD280s
(the bass responce on the HD215s leaves a lot to be desired)

I'm going to listen to the 280s today. I'm glad you guys said 280 because I didn't like the 215s but my listening tests were short. Thanks.

Donnie27

GodsMadClown said:
Senn refurbs are generally regarded as being of superb quality.
They are. I just got a pair of refurb HD600s in, and they are like new. No scratches or anything. They also come with all the retail accessories.

GodsMadClown said:
Senn refurbs are generally regarded as being of superb quality.

Wow! I didn't know that. I'm used to wishing I had bought it new almost everytime I've gotten a Refurb.

Doonie27

Back