NoFan CR-100A / CR-95C - The IcePipe

I Think this CPU cooler

• Total voters

Cov

Gawd
Hi, I was looking for PC case fans today and found this massive CPU cooler by accident.
The CR-100A comes in a bundle while the CR-95C is the CPU-cooler only.
Here's some more info.

According to the specifications it can be used for CPUs with a TDP of 95W and less.
I just imagine this cooler to be complemented with a low rpm fan to raise efficiency even more.

nofancr-95cicepipe95wfr743.jpg

nof-cr-100a-installed-h74k.jpg

There are two YouTube clips about it.
So what do you think ?

It wasn't until I scrolled down to see the 2nd pic and its actual size comparison. That thing looks obnoxiously large, and no way would I compromise with that thing in my case regardless of how efficient it is.

^ Seriously. And now that I think more about...what a pain to add/remove RAM sticks. lol Just think if there was an earthquake. It might rip the CPU tray right out of the PCB!

... Just think if there was an earthquake. It might rip the CPU tray right out of the PCB!
sure, considering the amount of earth quakes we have in our area :D

Imagine you wake up in the middle of the night and find a burglar in the house.
Just need to open up your pc case, unscrew the CPU cooler and you have the perfect weapon, lol

I actually thought it looked kind of cool, until I realised it blocks off half of the mobo. So it is a "bah!" for me. It won't be so neat without a video card.

Last edited:
well.. its neat.... but makes the computer completely useless.. if your so concerned about heat to buy that you probably have a video card....

I guess it could be okay for someone who was really serious about silence and didn't need power from the video card...but my Corsair H50 keeps my i5-750 cool as a cucumber and there is little to no noise to speak of. Plus, this thing looks idiotic.

Also, it's $170? That's just crazy. All of the pros have over-arching cons if you ask me.

Thanks but no thanks. Ridiculously large, and way overpriced.

Slap some rubber on them and you got some pimp go-cart rims!

I could maybe almost understand using this in a htpc that is horizontal but it is pretty pointless at $170 for any tower setup were a high-end air or closed loop W/C would be cheaper and perform better while still being quiet.

Even then one would still need decent airflow and in a HTPC the VRMs and other onboard components wont be getting airflow from a cpu HSF so one would need a very specific reason why this would be a good solution otherwise it has too many compromises to be viable.

[H]ard fail.

Done.

How do you know? Maybe it works really well.

The price tag on it is kinda high, but I can imagine some folks being OK with that if it really is able to cool a powerful CPU with zero fan noise.

How do you know? Maybe it works really well.

The price tag on it is kinda high, but I can imagine some folks being OK with that if it really is able to cool a powerful CPU with zero fan noise.

Did you even read it?

95 watt TDP maximum cooling potential with no fans. That means a stock (non-overclocked) Sandy Bridge at best.

And just kinda high price tag? It's ridiculously overpriced, a $20 Hyper212+ with a $15 850 RPM Gentle Typhoon would probably beat the crap out of this thing, much less a RX360 setup with fans turned on minimum, which would cost you only $20-30 more than this piece of junk. And you won't lose expansion slots and access to RAM slots.

Edit: and in case you didn't know, any fan below 1000 RPM is essentially silent, unless the bearings are bad.

Back