NOD32 vs AVG

Stang Man

2[H]4U
Hi everyone. I'd like to get your opinions the two programs, if you've used both, which you like better and the benefits of one over the other.

I currently use AVG, and haven't used NOD32 yet and was wondering if it'd be worth changing. Many of the people on this forum use either one of these programs. I've got no problems with AVG, just wondering if there is something better that I could be using.

I used NOD32 for 1 year and after suscription expired went into FreeAVG ([H]ardforum users recommendation) never looked back or missed nod :D

oldmx

I run NOD32 (64bit beta so its free) right now, but I will switch once AVG comes out with a 64bit program.

With XP64 (which I have) I only have 2 real choices Avast! and Nod32, I had Avast and it had way to many pop ups for my taste. So I switched and haven't been happier.

My other 2 computers (XP and Win 98) use AVG.

I use both, depending on the importance of the machine. Where I go, NOD is far, far safer. It's a no-brainer. Hell, it intercepted infected jpegs here at [H]ard that some guy uploaded of his desktop over at the OS forum. His desktop was pretty, but I don't want to be anywhere near his machine. No other scanner that went to that thread saw the exploit, except NOD32. Go over to the darkside with anything other than NOD32, if you really want to see which one is best, and be sure to go with Internet Explorer. I dare you. No, I double dog dare you.

After you reformat, go to the same places with NOD32. :D

If you don't go to the other side, maybe AVG will work OK. After all, I do use it on some machines. However, I supplement it with Process Guard, a couple more security programs, and a bunch of CIS suggested tweaks and configurations.

Remember, a virus scanner alone is not enough.

Back