NOD32 v4.0 $29.99 / 3 Users @ Fry's B&M Only

WIsh it was $10 per rather than $30 for 3. I miss the $5 deal on the v3.0-v4.0 a few years back :/

Hm,good timing... the free key I found on google is about to run out in 3 weeks. :D

/que threadcrapping "free" MSE lover in 3....2...

MSE and Avast are free, and have equivalent functions. NOD32 v2.5 and v2.7 used to be light and efficient. I don't think they are light any more.

With a more serious, non fan-boy tone, I think Avast is plenty light. And at zero dollars, it's great value. I work as a freelance computer technician and I put it on every computer I work on. My clients love the transparency. (The gaming mode, as they call it). Absolutely no popups or other interference... Very professional!

With a more serious, non fan-boy tone, I think Avast is plenty light. And at zero dollars, it's great value. I work as a freelance computer technician and I put it on every computer I work on. My clients love the transparency. (The gaming mode, as they call it). Absolutely no popups or other interference... Very professional!

I had been using Avast in a similar fashion myself lately, but with MSE 2 being out I'm running it through its paces as well.

MSE and Avast are free, and have equivalent functions. NOD32 v2.5 and v2.7 used to be light and efficient. I don't think they are light any more.

NOD32 is great, I get my key free every year when my subscription runs out near the ending of the year and my icon turns orange :p

But if you aren't getting it free than $10 a year is a hot price.... I will say its still light and I use it a lot. I use it all the time mixed with Free Zonealarm. I pass all the basic port and firewall tests and no laggy on my old ass Pentium D with 2gb ram and 7200rpm drive. Plus like I said, they update even little updates daily... on the ball! Muuuuuuch better than norton which is NOT light at all but rather boggy to systems for sure.

Last edited:
I had been using Avast in a similar fashion myself lately, but with MSE 2 being out I'm running it through its paces as well.

I'll have to look for a review/comparison sometime soon once MSE 2 has been out for a good amount of time. I'm not going to blindly follow some program I'm accustomed to using. I'll go with whatever becomes best. That's how I got to Avast in the first place.

I don't know about Nod works, but Frys (and frys.com) regularly have 3 license copies of AV software (as well as security suites) for free AR.

Fry's.com has Norton and 1 or 2 other AV suites for free AR. Norton always pays, IME.

Back