NOD32 $9.99 shipped

rgratto2

2[H]4U
From Slick Deals:

Newegg has ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition V3.0 (OEM) for $29.99 - $20 (with code EMCBCBBBH) = $9.99 with free shipping.

Just bought it. Thanks!

Was running the trial, and was considering upgrading it. Now you saved me 20 bucks! :)

does this block spyware and bad links ?
I am using AVG 8.0 professional verison

Good deal. However, NOD32 has sort of fallen from grace recently... at least compared to Avira AntiVir

I bought the Nod32 last time it was ten bucks. It shut off my internet every 20 minutes or so. Was in no mood to mess with it so I pulled it off (problem was fixed) and put on Avira (which false detetcs like a mofo). I'll throw on the Nod now and then for backup scans or summin.

I'm on Vista Ultimate 32

Negatory. NOD32 is a light weight AV scanner. I used the trial of it a month or two back and really liked it, but wanted to wait for a deal on it rather than spending 30-40 $. That day has come!

Yes, but from what I've seen, NOD32 and AVG (full version) have about the same effectiveness, but NOD32 uses considerably less resources. So not sure it's worth upgrading - I have AVG 8.0 as well, got it from Newegg recently in fact.

See comparisons here:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

I use AVG Free... I have no issues whatsoever.

I got burned with a Trojan while running AVG Free - had to reformat my C: drive - upgraded to AVG 8.0 and haven't had an issue since. I'd get either full AVG or this NOD32 if you're just using the free one.

Judging from newegg.com
it looks like it does everything that my avg does but faster and better

Avira and Avast both have free versions and are highly rated in that paper. I've been using the free Avira for over a year and never had an issue.

NOD32 wins in Nov '08...last month. How is that a fall...:rolleyes:

Did you just look at the "star ratings" or actually look at the numbers?
NOD detected 3% less viruses than Avira. It only scored higher over all because it had less false positives. Avira also stomped it in the heuristics tests, which is what NOD used to be the best at.

That it how it has fallen. :rolleyes:

Anyway, NOD is still an excellent AntiVirus. Just I feel Avira is better. I'll deal with fale positives in order to catch a higher percentage of baddies.
I do have several months left on my 2 year NOD32 license I purchased, but switched to Avira anyway.

Comes up at $29.99 now. Talk about bullshit... it was $9.99 in my cart then jumped to $29.99 at the final order screen. Come on, newegg...

EDIT: Scratch that... the promo code wasn't being applied. For some reason I have to subscribe to the newsletter every time I order. I get the confirmation, but never get the newsletter.

I have found a 3 user license for download version of kaspersky internet security for $24.95, not bad esp. if you have multiple computers that need av/antispyware.

link:http://store.purplus.net/kainse203do.html

And for those that are wary, this store has pretty good reseller ratings and I have ordered from them in the past. They also have single user license for cheaper, and physical media for more if you are interested in that sort of thing.

I personally use Avira, only downside is that there are many false positives. Aside from that it's great piece of software, especially for free.

Avira free gave me a popup pushing the $20 special price on their full IS suite. I couldn't figure out how in the heck to disable it. Every day, one time, without fail. I had to ditch it. Using Avast now, which scores well historically, but doesn't have much for antispyware. It's great for free, and after AVG free missed several viruses I'm not likely to try it again, or their pro version either. I am tempted to get Nod32 at this price.

How can you get rid of those pop-ups with Avira free?

To the guys getting all these false positives with Avira... are you running it on the highest detection or something? I never get any false positives.

I don't even use AV software anymore :p

Of the freebies, I like Anti-Vir the best...really good protection and not too heavy on the resources. If I had to purchase AV software I'd definitely go with Kaspersky. It's really too bad the free AOL/Kaspersky software was discontinued. :(

To the guys getting all these false positives with Avira... are you running it on the highest detection or something? I never get any false positives.

It's set to low actually.

It's not too often but at least once/twice a month. But I also hear that Nod32 v3 has false positives now too?

Awesome. I'll be needing to renew my license soon, may as well buy a few extra years since they're so cheap.

N 4 1. Thx OP.

I also emailed this to all of my Windows using family in the case that they need AV.

Back