Noctua U14S or True Spirit 140 Power for Ryzen

GMcDougal

Gawd
Ive sort of narrowed my search down to these two for overclocking my Ryzen. Which one would you pick? If neither, give me your recommendation and why. Id like to stay around the $40-$60 price point. Thanks

Edit: i just found the Scythe Fuma. This could be an option as well.

Last edited:
TRUE 140 Power all the way, this one it's above NH-D15 Performance. but honestly all are couple of degrees one of each others, i'd say you will be safe with wathever you pick, I think the cheaper will be the winner here.

The Tue Spirit 140 Power is taller than most heatsinks, just make sure it fits in your case before you buy it.

TRUE Spirit 140 Power is 171.2mm tall and 155mm wide compared to NH-U14S is 165mm tall and 150mm wide.
But TRUE Spirit 140 Power has 6x 8mm heatpipes so can move more heat away from CPU than NH-U14S can with it's 6x 6mm heatpipes.
3x 8mm heatpipes larger volume and surface area move about the same amount of heat as 4x 6mm heatpipes do.

Ouranos is not as good a cooler, at least not with it's stock fans. Sure, it gives similar cooling to U14S and TR140P, but it makes more noise doing it.

Edit: corrected mistake in noise level.

Last edited:
TRUE Spirit 140 Power is 171.2mm tall and 155mm wide compared to NH-U14S is 165mm tall and 150mm wide.
But TRUE Spirit 140 Power has 6x 8mm heatpipes so can move more heat away from CPU than NH-U14S can with it's 6x 6mm heatpipes.
3x 8mm heatpipes larger volume and surface area move about the same amount of heat as 4x 6mm heatpipes do.

Ouranos is not as good a cooler, at least not with it's stock fans. Sure, it gives similar cooling to U14S and TR140P, but it makes at least twice as much noise doing it.
its on par for temps and 1db louder for ~$15 less.

I'm mistaken. it is 1/4 to 1/2 again as loud, not twice as loud. I didn't like the sound of Ouranos fan as compared to A15 or TY-147A. Testing compared D15, TRUE Spirit 140 Power and Ouranos with Ouranos sounding significantly louder. The first one I received had concave base instead of flat or slightly convex. 2nd one is slightly convex.

I do like seeing more good single tower coolers. I think they look nicer than twin towers, but that's me.

It was a tough decision but i ended up going with the U14S. I have the U12S and loved the mounting system. From the reviews ive read, the U14S also beats the TS140 Power by a few C’s. Thanks to all who replied

Both are very good coolers, so you couldn't make no 'bad' choice

Back