Noctua NH-U12P 1366 or Zalman 9900

slm95

n00b
Should I order the Noctua now or wait for Zalman's 9900? This is for a core i7 system. This is pretty much the last component I need for my build.

Thanks

Noctua. Zalmans blow balls - loud, mediocre cooling. They're the MotoRazr of the cooling world.

I would also say you could get a TRUE + 1366 mounting bracket. Should cost about the same as the Noctua, but run a few degs cooler.

I figured I would go with the Noctua over the TRUE because of simplicity. The Noctura comes with everything including 2 fans.

It is a more complete package...I was just saying the TRUE would be a better cooler. I went with a Xigmatek S1283 after debating between that, the Noctua and TRUE simply because I couldn't justify the price difference. I do think they are releasing a bracket for 1366 as well from what I've read.

It might still be possible to attach a second fan with the wire clips.

You're right there, I could see that happening... but would look too funky for me, or I'd replace the fan anyways and get two sets of clips. :confused:

No one knows at this time about how cool the brand new yet to be released Zalman 9900 will be on the CPU's. Last time I read it will be about 5/10c better to the Zalmans 9700 (From link below) but one might want to wait until the benchmarks are in first before dumping on the Cooler.

"The overall cooler dimensions are 94 X 130 X 152 mm and its weight is 766 Gram. This cooler model will reduce the processor temperature by 10 degree Celsius in comparison with predecessors, and the recommended retail price will be $100. On sale this monster will appear in one month".

http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-5396-view-Zalman-CNPS9900.html

Edit: New link for review of cooler

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/zalman-cnps9900led.html

Anyone have any thoughts about how the the thermal compounds included with the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 or Thermalright Ultra-120compares with Artic Silver?

Can anyone tell me if the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 comes with brackets for the 775 & AM2?

With the new TRUE fan bracket, you can buy a second separately and run a push-pull config. The fingers on the bracket interlace together which allows you to do that.

With the new TRUE fan bracket, you can buy a second separately and run a push-pull config. The fingers on the bracket interlace together which allows you to do that.

What this guy said. I would get the TRUE and a second fan+bracket and run a push-pull setup.

...but that fan would loose the push/pull ability. At least it looks that way.

Is the difference even negligable? I thought I read somewhere that there is really no difference in cooling between 1 fan pushing, and 2 fans in push/pull.

Back