Noctua NH-L12 L-Type Low Profile CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by HardOCP News, Nov 21, 2012.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

If you are in the market for a low profile cooler, this review of the Noctua NH-L12 L-Type HSF should be right up your alley.

2. okeygrak

okeygrak n00b

Since when has 93mm become low profile? I doubt that would fit in most slim or HTPC cases.

3. blgdinger

blgdinger Limp Gawd

I really wish they didn't make their HSF's in poopbutt brown. Like, who wants that in their case? -_-

4. colinstu

colinstu 2[H]4U

I just wish all their model names didn't sound the same.

5. okeygrak

okeygrak n00b

Poop is the color of silence.

6. colinstu

colinstu 2[H]4U

brown noise! :D

7. Kokain

Kokain Limp Gawd

Henry the brown nose deer! I'm actually really happy with the NH-C14 I got. C type coolers are not for everyone though as it's entirely dependable on what you want to achieve inside or outside the case. In other words they are just as good as providing top of the benchmarks cooling but they might not connect with the natural air flow of the case.

8. Magiashkii

Magiashkii n00b

I have an nh-d14... Their coolers are amazing for overclocking. It was a great buy. My case doesn't have a plastic side cover so I can't see the brown color

9. Cod

Cod Gawd

I've been thinking about picking one of these up for my Silverstone GD05. I can use both fans since I don't have an OD and it seems like it would be a significant improvement over the stock cooler.

10. Josephson_Junction

Josephson_Junction [H]Lite

I've had my NH-L12 for over a month now and I haven't been able to find a single fault with it. The highest temperature my CPU has ever reached is 49C.

Recently bought an NF-P12 PWM and NF-R8 PWM for the case and they've reduced ambient temps by a fair amount yet are virtually silent.

God I love Noctua, bizarre color scheme be damned.