Noctua NH-D15 LGA 1700 Spacer Confusion...

Krenum

Fully [H]
Edit, I found my answer.

I went ahead and ordered the $7.90 mounting kit that includes the blue spacers from Amazon (Yes I know they are free, but this arrives in time for the weekend)

For anyone who needs to know, You need the one that has the 83mm mounting pitch for the NH-D15.

Last edited:
Reactions: doyll
like this
Good information to know. Thanks for posting this.
Sure thing! I was confused because the Box said that it supported 17xx but it only came with AM4 & these other white spacers, both had different height, I wasn't sure about the white ones since all I've seen for the Adler Lake compatible ones come in blue. The NH-D15 that I recently purchased did come with a Adler Lake 17xx backplate though, I guess they just didn't include the spacers with it.

Here's the link to purchase the kits if anyone chooses to go that route to save time,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FSWFRTQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sure thing! I was confused because the Box said that it supported 17xx but it only came with AM4 & these other white spacers, both had different height, I wasn't sure about the white ones since all I've seen for the Adler Lake compatible ones come in blue. The NH-D15 that I recently purchased did come with a Adler Lake 17xx backplate though, I guess they just didn't include the spacers with it.

Here's the link to purchase the kits if anyone chooses to go that route to save time,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FSWFRTQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Could you measure the height of blue spacer and normal white spacer? I assume the blue are shorter and of course mount has LGA 1700 78mm hole spacing vs LGA 115x 75mm spacing and LGA 2011 80mm hole spacing.

Z-Stack of LGA 115x & LGA 1700
LGA 115x is 7.781 ± 0.335 mm IHS to MB height (Z-Stack, validated range)​
LGA 1700 is 6.529 – 7,532 mm(7.041 ± 0.551 mm) IHS to MB height (Z-Stack, validated range)​
LGA 1700 spacers should measure is 0.71 mm shorter than LGA115x spacers. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Could you measure the height of blue spacer and normal white spacer? I assume the blue are shorter and of course mount has LGA 1700 78mm hole spacing vs LGA 115x 75mm spacing and LGA 2011 80mm hole spacing.

Z-Stack of LGA 115x & LGA 1700
LGA 115x is 7.781 ± 0.335 mm IHS to MB height (Z-Stack, validated range)​
LGA 1700 is 6.529 – 7,532 mm(7.041 ± 0.551 mm) IHS to MB height (Z-Stack, validated range)​
LGA 1700 spacers should measure is 0.71 mm shorter than LGA115x spacers. ;)
At work right now. I'll measure em when I get home, thanks for the info!

At work right now. I'll measure em when I get home, thanks for the info!
No problem. You are posting more info here than I am.

No rush. Lots of other things happening this time of year here.

Knowing spacer lengths will let peeps like me who have older coolers know how much Noctua is changing spacer length. That way we know how much to take off of non-Noctua mount spacers to use them on LGA 1700. ;)

Krenum, were you able to measure the spacers?
No but I compared the blue ones which you get in the kit to fit Adler Lake to the white ones you get in the NH-D15 box and the blue ones are a size smaller and a tenth of an inch shorter. The white ones must be for the LGA 1200 CPU's.

Very strange, customers and the box say that the the NH-D15 supports the 1700 series processors, and I even got a bracket in the NH-D15 box that has LGA 1700 engraved on it. Another thing to note...The bracket that you get in the kit is different from the one you get in the NH-D15 box.

Just save yourself the headache and order the kit off of Amazon for the Adler Lake CPU's if you own or are going to buy a NH-D15 for it.

No but I compared the blue ones which you get in the kit to fit Adler Lake to the white ones you get in the NH-D15 box and the blue ones are a size smaller and a tenth of an inch shorter. The white ones must be for the LGA 1200 CPU's.

Very strange, customers and the box say that the the NH-D15 supports the 1700 series processors, and I even got a bracket in the NH-D15 box that has LGA 1700 engraved on it. Another thing to note...The bracket that you get in the kit is different from the one you get in the NH-D15 box.

Just save yourself the headache and order the kit off of Amazon for the Adler Lake CPU's if you own or are going to buy a NH-D15 for it.
My bad, didn't read what you posted correctly and thought you had mount you ordered from Amazon.

0.1 inch is 2.54 mm, so way shorter than the 0.71 mm shorter without +/- figured in Z-Stack specification give.
LGA 115x holes are 75mm square
Alder Lake LGA 1700 are 78mm square
LGA 1136 / 2011 are 80mm square
Alder Lake are basically in middle between LGA 115x and LGA 2011

This means mounts with slot between LGA 2011 and LGA 115x can probably be easily adapted to LGA 1700 Alder Lake by cleaning up the slot a little. But they would still need shorter spacers (0.71mm shorter on average) to draw cooler base tight enough.

I haven't been able to find LGA 1200 Z-Stack spec. Never understood why Intel doesn't publish their CPU mount dimensional specifications.

Last edited:
1200 is the same as 1151 which is probably why they never listed it lol.

I got both kits too the short spacing one for my U14S and long for my D15, both work great on them.

I have an NH-D15S - I ordered the 1700 adapter kit from Amazon a while back, can confirm it works fine with the MSI Z690 Edge Wifi motherboard.

I was looking at motherboard compatibility and saw a notice for the ASRock Z690 ITX board: "Due to clearance issues, this motherboard is only compatible with NH-D15 coolers that already include LGA1700 mounting parts. CAUTION: Do NOT install older NH-D15 coolers on this motherboard using mounting upgrade kits as there is a high risk of damaging the motherboard. Only newer models that already include LGA1700 mounting parts can be installed safely."

Anyone have any idea what the difference is between the bracket in the kit and the one included with a newer cooler? I can't find any info.

My guess is center part of the backing plate fits to back of socket and at holes mounting holes better than old backing plate does, but that's just a guess.

Really need someone who already has NH-D15 to contact Noctua for mount upgrade to LGA 1700. Then when they get LGA 1700 mount to show us with pics what difference is.

Back