Noctua NH-D14 fit in Lian Li V1000?

c1001

Gawd
Anyone able to fit a Noctua NH-D14 in their Lian Li V1000 case? will be mounted on an EVGA X58 SLI LE mobo.
Would also consider a Prolima Megahalem, but that seems even wider.
Time to upgrade...

No ,it will hit the midplate. Thermalright TRUE 120 doesn't fit either. Biggest I could get to fit is Thermalright Ultima 90 with 90mm fan.

If you get a non EVGA motherboard, something big might fit. On the EVGA boards the CPU socket is off center from center line of DIMM slots. Its offset towards the bottom on an inverted ATX case so only smaller heatsinks will fit.

Ultima 90 is only 115mm long and it barely fits.

Here is mine with Ultima 90....

DSC00323.jpg

Last edited:
It really depends on your motherboard. With my old gigabyte I could barely fit a 92mm cooler in (it would touch the bottom divider), but with my Asus I gained about a solid .5-1" of clearance at the bottom.

Break out a ruler and measure out the length of the D14 (maybe make a cardboard cutout to really get a feel for size), and see if it will fit. Make sure you measure the center of the cutout though so you can accurately center it over the socket.

No ,it will hit the midplate. Thermalright TRUE 120 doesn't fit either. Biggest I could get to fit is Thermalright Ultima 90 with 90mm fan.

If you get a non EVGA motherboard, something big might fit. On the EVGA boards the CPU socket is off center from center line of DIMM slots. Its offset towards the bottom on an inverted ATX case so only smaller heatsinks will fit.

Ultima 90 is only 115mm long and it barely fits.

Here is mine with Ultima 90....

DSC00323.jpg

NICE RIG!

Depends on the motherboard. I have a crosshair IV formula with a CM 212+ and it fits with room to spare.

Back