Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, still the best 120mm silent fan?

mikeo

Gawd
So have a few older Noctua fans and need to buy at least 3 more for a 3x360 radiator configuration, but debating just replacing them all with Noctua NF-A12X25 PWM fans. Is there anything better performing out there in a 120mm option at that noise level or are those still considered the best?

I just purchased three of these for my new build to augment the ones I already had. Awesome, quiet and well build fans!

Reactions: mikeo
like this
+100 IMO for Noctua. AFAIK they're still tops for quiet fans.

I just modded a case to replace 80mm intake fans (had space for 4, but 3 installed) with a NF-A14-FLX 140mm.

I can barely hear it running...it's just under 20db at full speed and I haven't even tried lowering the rpm's yet.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
Look at there redux fans. Bit cheaper but still great fans. Could use these for case fans and get the best for radiator

I don't think I'd invest in any of the old guard (Nocuta P12, Noctua P14) in 2020. These fans undervolted fine, but were never top performers - even less so now, especially if they're dealing with radiator fin density (vs. the typical air cooler tower). I added the "Noctua" part, because Arctic Cooling also has P12 and P14 fans on the market, though the redux part probably reduces that confusion lol.

I don't think I'd invest in any of the old guard (Nocuta P12, Noctua P14) in 2020. These fans undervolted fine, but were never top performers - even less so now, especially if they're dealing with radiator fin density (vs. the typical air cooler tower). I added the "Noctua" part, because Arctic Cooling also has P12 and P14 fans on the market, though the redux part probably reduces that confusion lol.
They are still good fans for case fans. I used the redux fans in my build including my heatsinks for CPU cooler... Have no complaints with there performance

Back