Noctua H14 or Corsair H70?

I'm thinking about picking up one of these coolers... will be using it on an i7 980x.

Which one would you guys recommend??

Noctua is better in my opinion, however it is rather large might be problematic for tall ram heatspreader.
H70 much lighter on the motherboard and allow you to use tall ram heatspreader if you wish to.
Performance variation among the two probably a few degrees apart.

Hmm... I'm looking to get some Corsair Dominators
I think it will interfere, but I emailed Noctua and they said that I can move the bottom fan up to the top... but they do not have any metrics.

I will give the Noctua a shot...

Man... since when did we decide parts around a cooler?!?!?! Haha
Looks like my mb is compatible with this cooler.... went ahead and ordered it.
Thanks

NH-D14 pice drop on Amazon $80 shipped Linky

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
if you already have decent hsf fans, you can pick up the cogage arrow for ~$60 USD. most cases it performs similar to the nh-d14, but has been shown to beat it with higher flow fans.

I got my H70 for $80 at ++++.
Gread product but louder than the Noctua H14.

Hmm... I'm looking to get some Corsair Dominators
I think it will interfere, but I emailed Noctua and they said that I can move the bottom fan up to the top... but they do not have any metrics.

I will give the Noctua a shot...

You wont be able to fit the Noctua and dominators unless

1. You remove the side fan from the Noctua
2. You remove the heat spreader from the RAM closest to the Noctua
3. You move your RAM to a different slot

This is the reason I returned my D14 for an H50. The D14 will probably perform 2c better than the H70 at load but it's HUGE.

h70. you can swap out the corsair fans for other fans that are the same speed, but much more quiet, if you are inclined. i used $9.99 xigmatek fans. i cant even hear the pump, so pretty much it is silent. it is about 8 or 9c cooler than my true black (w/high speed panaflo) at idle (!!) and about 12c better at loads. this was such an improvement i remounted my true, just to check if i had mounted it wrong in the past. i hadnt.

I just ordered a D14 myself. Hoping no issues. Need to get temps down, and the Hyper 212 is great for a mild OC, but it won't handle the heat I'm trying to put out. Hoping for good things from the D14....given that it's almost half the cost of my CPU.

Back