Noctua Exhibit at Computex Has AMD ThreadRipper Heat Sinks and More [Rumor]

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, May 29, 2017.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

Noctua has shown off some new interesting AMD heat sinks at Computex 2017. eTeknix was on the prowl at the show and has posted a video of the upcoming Noctua product line that is presumed to be for the AMD ThreadRipper CPU lineup. They are huge! I hope that Kyle does another CPU cooler installation video with the AMD ThreadRipper processor. I bet the amount of paste necessary for installation will be legendary!

Krenum, AceGoober and Pieter3dnow like this.
  2. Jim Kim

Jim Kim 2[H]4U

[​IMG]
    Recommended for overclocking.

86 5.0L, tenjuna, Dan and 3 others like this.
  3. Grebuloner

Grebuloner Gawd

Nice, but I want to know more about those white & clear fans I caught a glimpse of.

cageymaru likes this.
  4. Poseur

Poseur Limp Gawd

I hope things don't get too out of hand. 95Watts (i7) from Intel feels like quite a bit. I went through 3 HSFs to get acceptable noise and cooling. I did return one, but it was still over $100 to get to this point. Ended up with a big Noctua. I still have a small Noctua on the shelf, that can't keep an i7 at load cool.

5. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Chances are, although I already have two Ryzen Builds, I would rather build another Ryzen build but, with a mITX board instead. That said, having a 16 core / 32 thread cpu would be great. :) Nice to see Noctua supporting AMD right off the bat. (They did so with my NH-D15 as well, although I had to buy the AM4 kit since I did not want to wait and get it for no cost.)

6. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Nice find Cageymaru ;) .

it is twice the size of a normal AM4 cpu so not that much paste :) . What I'm wondering if there products are good/better as they are for smaller sizes.

cageymaru likes this.
  7. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard as it Gets

I've seen some sketchy rumors that they run at nearly 4.0 GHz. Too sketchy for the front page. ;)

NovaCloud likes this.
  8. alxlwson

alxlwson You Know Where I Live

That would be big news.

9. Galvin

Galvin 2[H]4U

What ever happened to the silent fans they were working on around 4 years ago or so?

10. Merc1138

Merc1138 2[H]4U

Those ANC fans? They said research was resuming in 2016, didn't have anything new to show in 2015, had a demo in 2014 that wasn't assembled as something they could sell, didn't have anything to show off in 2013, and had the announcement in 2012 of the prototype with the rotosub technology. Assuming Notcua had anything new this year, we'd already see reports of it so yeah... I'd write it off as "not gonna happen".

11. BloodyIron

BloodyIron 2[H]4U

Noctua fans are the shiznit. So quiet.

Krenum and ManofGod like this.
  12. Vegas P11

Vegas P11 Gawd

Those things look massive. Oh and great job on the front page news cageymaru .

cageymaru likes this.
  13. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Yep, I have a NH-D15 on my 1700X right now. The Noctua is hard to work around, even in my Coolmaster Mastercase 5 but, it is more long term reliable than an AIO and the fans are quieter, just as you said.

14. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Freaken sweet! Can't wait to upgrade my D15. Those new fans look awesome! One of the coolest things IMO when buying a Noctua product is that when you open it, you get a small booklet that describes the product and thanks you for your purchase, they are even signed by the company president, IN REAL INK! :cool:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  15. sir-gold

sir-gold Gawd

Those "experimental" coolers look familiar...

[​IMG]

16. DarkStar_WNY

DarkStar_WNY 2[H]4U

Why do they insist on making their fans in colors that wont match anything anyone builds, I mean sure they stand, but not in a good way, and yes you know who made them but I would prefer they try and do that via design as opposed to simply making them in butt ugly colors.

17. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

It's exactly that. So you can tell who makes just by looking at them. It's an identity thing. I'd say they have it nailed from a design perspective too. Their mounting system is the best in the industry as far as air coolers go.

18. Merc1138

Merc1138 2[H]4U

In addition to simply being recognizable instantly as a noctua fan, they do have some models in all black but it would appear that they're popular enough among users looking for something quiet and likely low key enough that they might not even have clear panels on their case in the first place.

Personally, they could be neon green and baby shit yellow for all I care, I want performance and low noise above looks. There are lots of other options on the market for people who want quiet fans, high static pressure fans, etc. to match color schemes if people are so inclined.

19. sir-gold

sir-gold Gawd

Just wait until the fans starting playing the corporate jingle every time you turn them on, like some modern appliances do.

You hit power button and hear the post beep, followed by 4 different jingles playing at the same time.

20. acquacow

acquacow Limp Gawd

They do make grey/black fans too... they move more air and have a tad more noise though.

21. Todd Walter

Todd Walter Gawd

Nah, you need a Turbocor maglev unit; that'll get the job done!

Jim Kim likes this.
  22. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Comprehensive look at the new Noctua line up with some history behind what Noctua does and their latest product which they developed their own materials for the new fan.

At the end the Threadripper heatsink

Krenum likes this.