Noctua 120mm 1200rpm Quiet Fan $14.44

SonOfMore

Limp Gawd
http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.php?cat=All+Categories&id=4739&com=d41d8cd9

These guys got an excellent review at SPCR. I tried several other vendors, but they were all priced at about twenty bucks a pop. The price was so cheap on these I called up just to make sure that they weren't remanufactured or used. They aren't. This outfit also ships from Washington state, so the many California buyers that often get stiffed with sales tax will luck out in that regard. I've ordered three and will report back with shipping turn around and customer service.

The grand total was 52.84 with 3 day UPS shipping. It was going to be 60-70 shipped at most other vendors. Hopefully those in need of cooling will find this helpful.

If you need quiet fans... :)

Nice find, but I already have an ass load of fans in various boxes and shit and 3 Antec Big Boy 200mm fans too.

Aren't Noctua's basically Yate Yoons? or is that Nexus I am thinking about?

Must be nexus, cause Noctua uses their own design. I haven't ordered them through this place, but I have a pair of Noctua 120 fans, and they're fantastically quiet.

If anyone has received theirs yet?
I noticed the site states: OEM (Fan only, no retail packaging or accessories)
So no box with the isolators or adapters/screws?
Thanks

I just got mine. It is the fan only with the attached three-pin cable. Nothing else. I have more screws lying around than I know what to do with. (Always strip down old machines...) :)

Way too much for me to spend on a case fan, but I do like how the site tells you how many they have in stock atm. Wish all etailers would do that.

Shhh...
(Anyone got any [H]ot deals on Yate Loons?)

So is such a high price on just this fan really worth it? I mean $14 is alot for 1 fan...
:)

It isn't that much if you really must have silent computing. For those that don't care about that, then yes, this is a bit expensive. To each their own. :)

Way too much for me to spend on a case fan, but I do like how the site tells you how many they have in stock atm. Wish all etailers would do that.

Shhh...
(Anyone got any [H]ot deals on Yate Loons?)

So is such a high price on just this fan really worth it? I mean $14 is alot for 1 fan...
:)

No.

Yate Yoons > Noctua

I have both, but the Noctua's seems to push more than the former. My computer isn't exactly a test lab, but you can feel more air being pushed. Still, they are both good fans IMO.

Great link..I am looking for some 120mm fans for a PVR build that are quiet yet effective. Most of my searching has lead me to Nexus and Noctua fans and opinions seem to vary...does anyone here have any personal experience with the Nexus variety of fans?
Thanks for the link anyway!

They are quieter than the Noctua's but they don't push as much air around. Nexus is darn near as silent as it gets, but don't expect massive airflow for extreme overclocking. It really depends what your priorities are.

Thanks for the mention!

We actually buy these fans for use in our computer builds, and apparently they give us better pricing due to that fact. Unfortunately, we have been contacted by Noctua and have been asked to no longer sell the fans individually. Sorry guys, they'll be coming down today!

Jon Bach - President
Puget Custom Computers
------------------------------------
http://www.pugetsystems.com

Damn, I'm trying to figure out if I can afford three right now. Guess I've only got a few hours left to decide...

Which would you give the nod to, these at 12V or a Panaflo-M at 5/7V? I've already got three Pana's lying around, but it'd be so much nicer if I didn't have to undervolt them...

dang... is the $10.89 shipping for two really the cheapest i can get? :(

I put 3 of the 1200's in a P180 case, replacing the stock Antec fans. The noise did go down a little (NOT MUCH) and I went up 5C on the CPU idle and 6C load, MB temps went up 6C on idle and 8C on load.

NOT worth it for me and the fans are not that quiet, maybe the 800's but then temps would be a BIG problem

Back