noblechairs ICON Series Desk Chair Review @ [H]

Discussion in 'Gaming & Office Furniture' started by Kyle_Bennett, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

noblechairs ICON Series Desk Chair Review

While our previous reviews have been of "gaming" chairs, we today move to a more sophisticated take on your computer furniture needs with the noblechairs ICON series seating. This chair is described by the maker as being in the luxury category but carries with it a sub-$400 price tag.

2. ProfessorUtopia

ProfessorUtopia [H]Lite

Though I'm not in a rush to replace my existing chair, I've been eagerly anticipating this review. I think I've likely found my next replacement, for when the time comes. Thanks Kyle!

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  3. pek

pek prairie dog

Wish I could butt-test it, but if it's about like a Merc seat, mine is comfortable for long trips.

rpjkw12 likes this.
  4. noko

noko 2[H]4U

Finally a chair for me, love firmer chairs, even wooden chairs (with nice proper curves) are more comfortable to me then the spongy thick foam lakes that engulf you and just makes you sweat. I don't think anyone can over emphasize a good computer chair for a good experience. Will put this on my wish list at Newegg for now. Great review plus being about the same height and weight helps for choosing this chair.

5. Kranium

Kranium Limp Gawd

This review reminded me that my current leather chair is from 1998.... Maybe it's about time I get a new one. This chair looks quite nice too hmm...

My wallet sarcastically thanks you Kyle.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  6. bubblethumper

bubblethumper Gawd

Definitely a knock-off of a 1990s porsche seat:

[​IMG]

CaptNumbNutz and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  7. bigdogchris

bigdogchris Wii was a Novelty

The hard arm rest wouldn't bother me as much because I always bang my chair under the desk. I've seen plenty of chairs with cushy arm rest have tears and rips due to sliding under the desk.

rpjkw12 likes this.
  8. Sparky

Sparky 2[H]4U

I want the Nvidia GTX one but cant find where to buy it from.

9. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Ok Kyle, here's an odd question... could you kick back in this thing and take a little 20 minute nap in it? I like firm and all, but I've been known to "power nap" on occasion and most of the firm chairs don't work for that.

Also.. would you sit in this and watch a movie?

10. Kyle_Bennett

100% on both.

11. pek

pek prairie dog

Kyle,
    How is the padding at shoulder height? I have a mesh chair that has started to stretch and let's my shoulder blade hit the cross brace,giving me a knot in my shoulder after a few hours of gaming.

12. cocheese256

cocheese256 Gawd

I'm in the market for a new chair. I wish these were Prime eligible mainly for the return policy. I'm not comfortable buying this without sitting in one first. Great review though. I will keep my eye on these. It is getting harder to find a comfortable chair that I can take the arm rest completely off. I like to rest my arms on my desk and have the ability to push the chair all the way under when not in use.

13. Kyle_Bennett

Sitting here in the chair, at this very moment, the back of the chair supports my spine fully up to between my shoulder blades. My shoulders barely touch the chair in an upright sitting position.

14. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Good review, Kyle!

I'm looking at purchasing this chair from Ikea and was hoping you could grab a unit and test it out before I make the purchase. It seems like a popular chair so I'm sure there'd be interest in the review.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S99023601/

CaptNumbNutz likes this.
  15. pek

pek prairie dog

'K, thanks.

16. Kyle_Bennett

I am not sitting in that thing for a month. You are on your own. I think ikea has an easy return policy as well.

I have two new chairs on the way in now. One a "gaming chair" and the other is an office chair from a fairly well known provider.

SeymourGore likes this.
  17. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz My Cannon Balls Sunk My Fail Ship

Your ass must be numb from taking a serious pounding on a daily basis to even consider that chair.

18. Kyle_Bennett

OK, that post is not conducive to an intelligent conversation, but I agree with it 100%. I assumed he was messing with us.

Up next, the one month review of the most stable chair we have ever had in the office.

IMAG003.jpg

Unit44 and CaptNumbNutz like this.
  19. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Yar, more or less. No interest in one of those plastic chairs, but I think a [H] review that ends with Kyle getting an ass blister would make for an entertaining read.

CaptNumbNutz likes this.
  20. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz My Cannon Balls Sunk My Fail Ship

Of course he was messing with us. He's a fellow GenMay brother and we have to bust each other's balls.

Speaking of busting balls... that's exactly what you're going to get if you sit on that milk crate the wrong way. Old man biology will make that outcome even more likely.:whistle:

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  21. Kyle_Bennett

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

22. Kyle_Bennett

What is effed up is that I have sat on enough milk crates for that to come to mind!

CaptNumbNutz likes this.
  23. tungt88

tungt88 [H]ard|Gawd

Great question & answer -- combined with the review, this is my top chair pick, and I'm planning on getting it sometime next year. I really like my current mesh chair, but the idea of excellent lumbar support + some plushness + sturdiness has won me over.

24. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

Just say no to Ikea chairs unless you're buying for a child. Oh wait, I just saw that pic, maybe you're joking.

Argh, the Icon chair is $369 for the "pleather" version. Hmmm

https://www.amazon.com/noblechairs-ICON-Black-Platinum-White/dp/B07123GJNY

25. Psyclops

Psyclops Limp Gawd

My Icon should be here today. I wonder if the S300 will be as good, but I'm sure I'll be happy with the Icon after moving from using officemax specials for years.

26. Kyle_Bennett

Initially I like the icon better, but that may just be because I have gotten used to it over the last few months. Casters are better on the icon for sure.

27. Psyclops

Psyclops Limp Gawd

The inherent lack of beefiness in the tilt mechanism and the fact that the base is plastic on the S300 made me feel better after watching the unboxing video on that chair. I'll still be interested to see how the final review plays out.

I've honestly been waiting for something quality in this price point that wasn't a DXRacer, but I'm a bit of a chair noob. Once I saw the Icon get a gold from [H], I decided to pull the trigger. Very happy that you decided to start doing reviews on chairs.

28. Leondre

Leondre n00bie

I had been eyeing the icon for a while and picked one up based on Kyle's review. I have to say I'm not much a fan of the seat. The edge kinda digs in to my thighs, maybe an extra few inches of depth would have helped there. I also had issues getting the backrest screw covers on, and was told by support that the factory had included the wrong screws to mount them - which applies to all of them at the moment apparently. The screws should not come anywhere close to touching the upholstery, however if you actually try to use the included screws they will punch right through it if you manage to get them in far enough. Disregarding these other issues the build quality is fantastic, though I likely will not be keeping it in the end.

29. yodafunk

yodafunk n00bie

Kyle you still using the Icon? It and the Maxnomic are my 2 favorites, but I am leaning Icon.

30. Kyle_Bennett

No, but if I was not reviewing another chair, I would be sitting in it.

ProfessorUtopia likes this.
  31. LodeRunner

LodeRunner [H]Lite

I'm glad you're doing these chair reviews. Snagged a pair for the office and the wife and I love them. Great review, always love [H]'s thorough methodology.

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  32. yodafunk

yodafunk n00bie

I did pull the trigger on the Icon w/ leather. I couldn't be happier. Its awesome. I will say after this photo I put away the pillow. Not necessary at all.

Attached Files:

Kyle_Bennett likes this.
  33. mittyZz

mittyZz n00bie

I was so close to getting one of these but sadly a good price elsewhere pushed me away. They still look great though.