noblechairs ICON Desk Chair Unboxing and Build

Kyle, I'm really enjoying these unboxing, build and review videos. As someone that is currently searching for a new chair these really help take some of the "guess work" out of buying a chair online and knowing what you'll receive. Especially at the price points these companies are asking. Keep em comin!

off topic: I add my own commentary during the sped up sections. :smug:

Random question but what is the ending sound of the videos from, the gunshot thank you sound?

I'm a big fan of watching people do manual labor with little-to-no gain, so I'm also 100% behind these videos. Personally, I've found that if you're 6-foot-whatever, you're probably not rocking a 150lb frame.......and if you're not rocking a 150lb frame, you need to do a better job picking a chair than "oh look, that one has racing stripes and fake carbon fiber!". Now my 11 year old, different story, but grown-ups need to look at the weight rating on a chair and think about how long thy ass will sit in it for a given period. Now, the only way I'm reaching 150lbs is via decomposition, so I've found a solid $500 Memory Foam chair (the plain kind you see in offices) is what you want to go for. They're sort of like "industrial strength chairing". You can go on the "I get a new chair made of 1/2" MDF every year from Office Depot" but at the end of 6 years you'll have assembled 6 SHITTY chairs, versus 1, 6 years ago. Conservation of Energy FTW.

I'm assuming these are like....8 hour 300lb chair ratings or something...?

Why not a gaming chair? I would wanna know my ass was planted in a chair intended for gaming if I am gonna be gaming.......just saying.

How did you guys like the fast forward portions to shorten the build videos?

Geebus Kyle.. you get any older looking and I'm gonna start calling you 'Pops' :)

I remember buying Frag tape from "pops" Kyle way back in the day (20 years ago) Apparently he's my neighbor now somewhere in the DFW area :)

Kyle: as someone that's been scoping out "nice" chairs, this video is appreciated looking forward to the results in a month :)

I remember buying Frag tape from "pops" Kyle way back in the day (20 years ago) Apparently he's my neighbor now somewhere in the DFW area :)

Kyle: as someone that's been scoping out "nice" chairs, this video is appreciated looking forward to the results in a month :)
If you want the Arozzi Vernazza, you can come pick it up in Lucas. I have no use for it. A little tweaking and it could be fixed up for sure.

Reactions: kju1
like this
20 minutes of watching Kyle hunched over on the floor assembling a chair. Still better than watching Scorpion.

Kyle, the FastForward sections were perfect. Skip the boring part, but slow down for the important parts and commentary. You did exactly that.
Put it another way: I saw no need for me to skip ahead. I watched the whole video in real time. (y)

The ICON is not a cushy chair. It is very firm. It has better lumbar support than my Herman Miller or Ergo Human. It reminds me of the seats in older Mercedes Benz cars. Given it is a German design, this makes sense. So far I am liking it. Feels very solid.

Often firm cushions/padding soften over time, so it should be interesting to see how the cushions relax over the month-long test.

I'm really liking these assembly videos, Kyle. Prior to these and the Inside VR stuff I can't remember the last time I saw you in a video. Pretty sure you were a bit less grey hair back then. I find a lot of these "let's assemble a chair on video" videos hard to watch due to the people doing the building, but your tone and not "super hyper screaming" attitude gives a nice chill atmosphere to just watch and study the build. Also, I like the colored stripe in your hair. You don't see it often on people above their 20s, but it seems to fit you.

I just have one question.

As a balding SOB, I have to know. What's that shit in your hair?

;)

Reactions: kju1
like this
Kyle, the FastForward sections were perfect. Skip the boring part, but slow down for the important parts and commentary. You did exactly that.
Put it another way: I saw no need for me to skip ahead. I watched the whole video in real time. (y)

completely agree i was just getting ready to skip those parts just as the video was sped up, had no need to skip anything after that.

I just have one question.

As a balding SOB, I have to know. What's that shit in your hair?

;)

he explains it in the arozzi chair build video about a minute in.

Last edited:
Love these videos! It really is a service to the community. Speeding through the extraneous sectors is great.

Hearkens me back to the days you guys were doing complete boutique system reviews.

Seems like somewhere near 85%-90% of "computer chairs" are crap.

Keep em comin!

Back