No Video Output when turning on computer.

Evilot

Limp Gawd
There is an HP pavilion that I am trying to get to work. The problem with is that when I turn on the computer the fans spin, the HDD starts spinning also but there is no image on the monitor. This is an HP Pavilion 7955 with a 'P4B-LA' mobo and an ASUS AGP-V3800M/32M video card.
I have removed all other hard ware from it, and tried again. I have also tried sever other video cards for different sockets in the motherboard. The monitor its self works fine becasue it works on several other computers.
I have tried pretty much every thing I can think of, I googled this subject, and nothing usefull came up, no one else on the internet seems to have this problem. There are no bios beeps on start up and the only suspicios thing that I see is an orange led gwos for about 10 seconds when I turn on the computer, there was no information on this anywhere. I would be really gratfull for any help, or any advice from any one who has had a similar problem.

Maybe a bad AGP interface. Try clearing CMOS and/or reseating the graphics card and RAM,CPU. Does it have onboard video?

belmicah said:
Maybe a bad AGP interface. Try clearing CMOS and/or reseating the graphics card and RAM,CPU. Does it have onboard video?

No it doesent have onboard video, thats the whole problem I can not even see what is going on.

I was thinking maybe the NorthBridge on the motherboard shorted out. :(

I would really apreciate any suggestions from any one who has heard, seen or experienced this kind of problem, or if you think you might know what the probmel is please tell me also.

I am completly out of ideas on what to do.
:confused: :(

I had a similiar problem with my last rig. The northbridge fan went out and I assume that it got too hot. I replaced the mobo and it was fine again.

I know that is not much help but it does sound like a mobo issue.

What do you mean you have tried several other cards for different sockets? Have you tried the card you are using in another PC? Was it good. I f it's definitely not the video card, or a bios issue, then I guess it would have to be the AGP port. You have tried PCI video?

I have tried other video cards (which all work) in other ports. Meaning that I was not using just one video cards for testing I used different ones, with different amounts of ram and different socket types. (during the testing all the other unnecesary hardware was removed)

...try booting without ram and see if it gives you apropriate beep code.. try one stick of memory in different memory slots.

I second...

Bad Ram or Ram in the wrong configuration on the MoBo for Speed/Capacity can cause a no video boot.

Back