No turning back now payed for my leadtek 6800 ULTRA

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Feels nice now I can just sit back and wait for it to arrive. Pretty damn impossible to choose between the X800XT PE and the 6800 ULTRA and pick the right one. But at the moment only Leadtek seem to have a good cooling solution for the 6800 ULTRA:s.

And the Leadtek name and it´s bundle aren´t all wrong either it´s the one that looks most impressive so far until Gainward gets their copper cooler out the door at least.

Hmm, combined with your AMD and Vapochill you should have a pretty nice system, hope the card works out for you. Looks like a pretty solid choice.

oqvist said:
Feels nice now I can just sit back and wait for it to arrive. Pretty damn impossible to choose between the X800XT PE and the 6800 ULTRA and pick the right one. But at the moment only Leadtek seem to have a good cooling solution for the 6800 ULTRA:s.

And the Leadtek name and it´s bundle aren´t all wrong either it´s the one that looks most impressive so far until Gainward gets their copper cooler out the door at least.

Congrats! I went with the 6800gt, nice to go with Nvidia this time around, with all of the game developers eating out of nvidia's hand, I feel there's really no other choice.

Well I never felt it that way but what won me over was stereo3d support really. And of course that the 6800 ULTRA performs well in dx 9 too even if not on par with the X800XT PE of course. But without the stereo3d I would definiatly have kept my x800XT PE I had 3 weeks ago. Never tested it since I didn´t get my mainboard, CPU and memory until today my vappo wasn´t compatible with my Socket A mainboard ;)

Just what I needed to convince myself going over to A64 territory lol. Otherwise it´s not exactly money well spent I am sure a 2,7-2,8 gig BARTON should keep up fine.

We are getting the most advanced card to come out yet... and this is just the start.

CompUSA told me tomorrow or the next day for my $350 PNY 6800 U ... :D

I run a barton at 2.47 on air with a pr rating of 3500+ What were you running?

what is the pr rating for 2.7-2.8?

I was wondering where you ordered your Leadtek 6800 Ultra? This is the card I want to upgrade to next. My Leadtek TI4600 is getting slow and I am bored with it.

Sweden. The leadtek 6800 cards seem to be the only to ship first to Europe and then to US. There was some fault with cards shipping to US stores so they got recalled so they got a bit delayed I think. Don´t know if that was for the whole shipment or something...

Back