No Sound From Front Panel Headphone Jack, HELP PLEASE!

I cannot get sound out of the front headphone jack of my case. I did connect the HD AUDIO from the case to
the “Front panel Audio” connection on the motherboard. WHAT could be wrong?

The Back panel audio works but I need this front panel audio to work....PLEASE any help would be great, THANKS!!

Computer Case is “CORSAIR CARBIDE 275R Mid-Tower”
Motherboard is “GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING”

It could of gone bad I had that happen with USB ports in the front as well as audio jacks. You might only be able to use one output at a time thus not have speakers and Headphones plugged in the same time. Otherwise you can screw around with a right click on the speaker icon on the right WIndows Task bar locatted by the clock and click on sound properties see if that helps by changing the devices from speakers to Headphones.

I am not familiar with that motherboard, but did you check in the BIOS to see if (front panel) audio is enabled?

I am not familiar with that motherboard, but did you check in the BIOS to see if (front panel) audio is enabled?

Definately worth a try.

Another thing to do realize is, unless you have a VERY expensive case, and even in those intances, usually front panel audio is a check box feature. They throw it in, but its usally the worst garbage grade components possible. Which is not a good idea anyway when dealing with analog audio output. They probably just broke.

Unless this is a brand new build.

Back