no signal on NEW gpu

dxwuddd

n00b
specs:

motherboard: B450m hdv
PSU: 600W Cooler Master MWE 600 V2 (newly fitted)
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: 16gb Corsair 3200 mhz
8x2gb

running windows 11 with the dev mode which could cause instability

So i have a gtx 1050 2gb and thought its time to upgrade to an RTX 2070 palit 8gb.
i did the DDU stuff and made sure everything is removed before installing my new GPU in.
Once the GPU is in (all snug and 8pin is in i assure you) i get a no signal message on my monitor. GPU fans and rgb lights are on. keyboard nd mouse is on.

ive tested it on two different systems and it works. Even worked on a 400w PSU!

im using hdmi.
tried resettting cmos battery by taking it out and waiting 5 minutes with the power cable disconnected also.. not sure what to do?

My bios update/date is from 2019? not sure if i should update as i’ve read it could brick my system?

(i also apologise if i’ve posted this in the wrong place!)

I know you moved from a 1050, but I have to ask the dumb question: Did you plug the HDMI cable into the video card, not the motherboard? The 2600X doesn't have an iGPU, so plugging the cable into the motherboard would result in no signal.

BIOS should be fine since Turing came out at the end of 2018, unless the BIOS was updated to fix a compatibility issue of some sort. Looking at the ASRock website, none of them point to a PCI-E fix or GPU compatibility update for Turing.

Palit recommends a 450W PSU for the standard 2070, so I doubt the PSU is the issue. It's not the best quality, but your PSU should be fine.

Did you reuse that HDMI cable while testing the card on the other systems? If not, that 2070 may not like your HDMI cable.

Try this:
> unplug again your power pin, jumper the pin clear cmos without unplugging your cmos battery
> unplug all you rams, then wait for ~30s is enough
> plug again your ram, but only in dimm slot B2
> make sure your 8 pin cable to psu and to vga has been plugged, and your hdmi plugged as it should
> power on you computer again, test it

Your CPU is Zen+, those bios updates all say don't use if running other cpu families. So you should be fine updating the bios.
But it's probably something else...
If you were going from one nVidia GPU to another, no need to run DDU on it. Put the working GPU back in, re-install latest Nvidia drivers. Reboot once so that it comes up on the new drivers once. Power down and swap cards. When booting up, even if screen is blank, give it enough time to start the os completely. Wait a few minutes past how long you think it should take.

But... if you don't even see the POST.. (text screen before it starts booting windows), that implies something else, and the driver isn't loaded at the early stages of boot... So that goes back to, go ahead and try updating the Bios, and make sure the video cable is plugged into the card and not the mobo. If you have displayport input on the LCD, that would be better to try.

Did you get a chance to try a different power supply on the system? I know you said it is newly fitted, but that doesn’t always mean good. Just seeing the power requirements between the two GPUs as the biggest difference. Even if you connect a psu just to the gpu by tripping it.

Try a different hdmi cable. And a different port on the monitor or video card if there are more than one.

Does it boot at all? if it does use event viewer and google critical error codes, my 3080 would go to blackscreen low power hib mode and not wake up unless I restarted it. COD would crash always.

I got a response from an Intel forum the cause was the XMP bios being enabled so I disabled it in the Asus bios and no crashes in 5 days. OC crashes it. Note on AMD it is EXPO I believe instead of XMP?

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back