No ShopRunner on Newegg anymore?

tazeat

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like they've cleaned it off entirely, I figured it would happen eventually with Premier. It's not just me right? They're still on the shoprunner website, but no items have the shoprunner logo, and the sign in on checkout is gone...

It's still there for me, underneath Add to Cart on item pages.

It looks different than it used to, though, and it no longer stands out. It's just a black logo and text instead of the old green logo.

im sort of surprised they still have shoprunner.

don't they now have newegg premier that offers quicker shipping? I'd think theyd want to push as many of their customers to that.

Looks like they removed shoprunner :( It was my only reason I bought stuff from newegg.....

I've almost completely gotten rid of newegg. I've made maybe 1 or 2 purchases in the last year. Hoverhound makes it real easy to just buy from Amazon now and I also picked up the Amazon Rewards Visa, delicious 3% all year round.

Same, no Shop Runner. I buy mostly from Amazon now, oh how the Egg has fallen

I looked at this the other day as well as I was buying a video card. Based on what I could find only certain items on the site qualify, it's not all items like it was before. Of course the item I wanted did not qualify...

I received this in an email from Newegg the other day. Looks like they are definitely giving Shoprunner the boot in favor of their Premier service:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks very much for being a Newegg customer!

We’re reaching out to let you know that our partnership with ShopRunner is ending. However, to thank you for buying from Newegg, we’d like to offer you a special opportunity to sign up for 6 months of our exclusive Newegg Premier service, FREE of charge. This special offer is valid through 12/31/2014."

And thanks to Amazon, I probably won't even take them up on their offer...

If Shoprunner is gone then so am I. We already pay for an Amazon Prime membership, and they have more to offer to boot. Peace out 'Egg.

Noticed this just this morning when I went to get something. I'm looking at a $300 part and you want to nickel-and-dime me on shipping? Feels like 2005 online shopping in here.

Noticed this just this morning when I went to get something. I'm looking at a $300 part and you want to nickel-and-dime me on shipping? Feels like 2005 online shopping in here.

I have felt the same way about Newegg for a while now. They were my go-to for tech goodies, but Amazon has muscled its way into being a better deal most of the time now.

I wonder how much of the increase in shipping prices had to do with increased fuel costs and whether or not we will see the current low fuel prices long enough to reverse the trend?

Amazon has tax for me so I have been making the larger purchases from Newegg using Premier.

A lot of stores seem to half-ass ShopRunner support shipping with certain items not being being eligible to be shipped with it. Worse they can be very shady about it. More than few times I have seen items on Toys R Us and TigerDirect go from being eligible to not being eligible as soon as they have a sale. Not worth cost to be honest.

SR was the last reason I shopped at newegg. Now I will just use their website for searching and buy elsewhere.

The only one that offers shoprunner, price match, phone/chat support, and easy returns happens to be none other than Tigerdirect. They're surprisingly competitive lately too with tons of $15~$35 off promos. I just bought a Rampage V from them.

Yeah, buying from Tigerdirect. Scary times we live in. Who's next, Best buy?! :eek::eek:

"Since signing up for ShopRunner, you’ve saved $3302.00 on shipping fees"

I'd say i got my use out of it.

And it's still good for AutoZone...

Hover hound ftw.

Newegg lost my support after they screwed me over on sending me the wrong gpu and told me I had to pay shipping to return it and pay stocking fee. There processing is rather slow as well and I've had stuff ship after two days of making payment.

Newegg lost my support after they screwed me over on sending me the wrong gpu and told me I had to pay shipping to return it and pay stocking fee.

In the future, you can always escape out of a situation like this by doing a chargeback with your CC provider. If a retailer demands something back from you, always remind them you can chargeback and the ball will be entirely in your court. Worst case you get all your money back and get a free hardware item that's not what you wanted to put on FS/FT or eBay. If a retailer ever asks me to pay out of my own pocket for something that was their fault, I give them only one opportunity to reverse course before calling my credit union and initiating the chargeback. Demanding the customer spend any more of their own money on a transaction they finalized with a retailer is completely unacceptable and will be viewed as such by your banking institution.

I will take newegg over Amazon any day. Newegg CS will take care of you on just about everything. When I ordered my 980 from Amazon, Directron had a deal on them and I Amazon asked if they would price match since they had already charged my card and they said sorry. And damn did it take a whole lot of explaining just to make her understand that I was only asking for price match. Then of course the pick your path promo came out and Newegg honored that for those who bought before it started while Amazon would not do that either. Hell it took 30 minutes on the phone for them to even understand what the promo was. I had to literally give them the exact page address of a product on their site that had the promo.

After all this they supposedly gave me a free year of Prime. Well after 30 days I was charged and had to call back and explain everything all over again and this person said oh okay I will remove the charge. Of course she actually cancelled prime too in the process which was not supposed to happen. So AGAIN I call back and I finally get manager and she tells me the person that had given me the free year of prime in the first place was not authorized to even offer that. So they gave me $30 Amazon credit which does not even come close to the value of prime for a year. Screw Amazon and their incompetent customer service.

I used shop runner ~2 weeks ago and it was still good for about 3/4 of my build. Was pretty pissed when I went to place an order a couple days ago and shop runner didn't work on anything. It would have been nice if newegg gave us a heads up. It's pretty much useless to me now.

I enjoy Amazon, but tax kills large purchases for me. Last big upgrade I went through Newegg and was pretty satisfied, although I will say their packaging was pretty poor...half of the boxes inside the main box had squished corners or damage in some way. No parts were damaged but they really need to get more packaging material inside the box to prevent that.

Back