No Price drops on cards for Cyber Monday

AP514

Limp Gawd
I have to say I was really hoping for a price drop on NVIDIA cards for Cyber Monday but I did not see that happen.

I guess Nvidia will not get any money from me this year....(Money Gubbers)

I refuse to have half the cost of my New build be just in the Video Card.

Last edited:
I saw plenty of sales on NVIDIA cards at Newegg all month. What, exactly, are you expecting? A $600 2080 Ti or something stupid like that?

To be expected really. 1080 tis on ebay have been hitting north of $700 for the best ones.

Just be patient. Once all the early adopters have there cards, and the supply outstrips demand, the prices will drop.

There were sales out there. I bought a strix 2080 for 819 from Amazon , I have one now but they wouldn't price match. I plan on returning the new one in place of my old one.(please lord let me have strength not to keep both for sli)

There were sales out there. I bought a strix 2080 for 819 from Amazon , I have one now but they wouldn't price match. I plan on returning the new one in place of my old one.(please lord let me have strength not to keep both for sli)

I jumped on the Amazon BF deal on an EVGA 2070 XC for $485, $518 with FL tax and next-day shipping. Also jumped on their HSN-style payment plan of six payments, so it was only $130 out of pocket on Friday, and $99/mo interest free for the next five months.

Huge upgrade for me, as I'd been using SLI and then single 780ti since 2013. Damn sure got good use out of that $1500 investment, but can't swing/justify that kind of vidya card cash these days. At the price I paid, I'm happier than I would have been with a GTX 1080.

$500ish for 1080 performance in this market new isn't bad. Like my card Ray tracing doesn't need to be factored in right now. I think you may get a boost when games feature dlss though. Enjoy your upgrade.

I got a 1070 Ti for $350 at Newegg on BlackFriday, so I'm happy with that till the next RTX cards and games are actually taking advantage of the new tech. :)

the only cards that didn't really get discounted were the 1080 and 1080ti.. the 2070 and 2080 had sales if you looked for them but cyber monday typically ends up being sites trying to get rid of overstocked items. hence why newegg changed the EVGA GTX 1070 FTW sale from BF week to the lower clocked black edition for the same 309 price.

TBF that coupon was pre black fri. We didn't get a coupon for cyber mon. Still hoping we get a 20% between now and xmas.

What does it matter if it was pre black Friday or not? You act like its impossible to cancel an order even if something happened on black Friday with free returns/cancellations from ebay. In that thread I linked to the 2017 sales for ebay which were 20% at the exact same time.

I need to get my Newegg invoice for my eBay order, if I do, that will get me the rebate and free BF5 bringing my purchase to $422, which is a pretty good deal all things considered for a 2070 that I have seen boost as high as 1965 out of the box...

What does it matter if it was pre black Friday or not? You act like its impossible to cancel an order even if something happened on black Friday with free returns/cancellations from ebay. In that thread I linked to the 2017 sales for ebay which were 20% at the exact same time.

I need to get my Newegg invoice for my eBay order, if I do, that will get me the rebate and free BF5 bringing my purchase to $422, which is a pretty good deal all things considered for a 2070 that I have seen boost as high as 1965 out of the box...

The title of the thread is about cyber monday. I figured OP was specifically talking about that. No need to freak out.

It does not hurt to wait, they have tons of inventory (this is being said through all the stock reports and what not), we might get sub $300 1070ti's and some other grate pricing as time continues to pass.

Everything across the board Nvidia-wise had dropped price prior to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. This has been going on since the RTX launched. Given the current climate, I don't think it's a surprise that Black Friday had zero effect. The Nvidia gpu inventory must be selling just fine by itself.

The 1080 stock has all but dried up. For a while there (pre-Black Friday), one could have snagged one for $430-450. The 1080 Ti supply has dried up too. We have RTX to thank for that.

RTX is too new to have any kind of sale.

There are still plenty of 1070s to be had at a reasonable price. $330 is still a good deal right now. Heck, even the 1070 Ti at $380 is a pretty good deal. Who knows how long this will last? If Nvidia made a boatload of 1070s for miners, then perhaps you could wait it out. If you see a RTX 2060 launch, then the clock might be ticking for even those.

Last edited:
Everything across the board Nvidia-wise had dropped price prior to Black Friday/Cyber Monday. This has been going on since the RTX launched. Given the current climate, I don't think it's a surprise that Black Friday had zero effect. The Nvidia gpu inventory must be selling just fine by itself.

The 1080 stock has all but dried up. For a while there (pre-Black Friday), one could have snagged one for $430-450. The 1080 Ti supply has dried up too. We have RTX to thank for that.

RTX is too new to have any kind of sale.

There are still plenty of 1070s to be had at a reasonable price. $330 is still a good deal right now. Heck, even the 1070 Ti at $380 is a pretty good deal. Who knows how long this will last? If Nvidia made a boatload of 1070s for miners, then perhaps you could wait it out. If you see a RTX 2060 launch, then the clock might be ticking for even those.

Yeh, I havent seen many 1080s used for sale now... the market has absorbed most of the existing stock... I know I snagged one about 3 wks ago for 305.00 (GTX 1080 DUKE)

Back