No pre-load for Empire Total War on Steam?

markt435

Supreme [H]ardness
WTF?

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/44394/t/Empire-release-info-on-Steam.html

Hi guys,

We have just received the following information regarding the availability of Empire: Total War on Steam:

"Empire will begin loading upon release. There will not be a pre-load due to the staggered release dates throughout the world. We will be activating Empire throughout the world between Tues, March 3 17:00 GMT and Weds March 4 9:00 GMT."

North American and Canadian customers will be able to purchase a digital download from 09:00 GMT on the 4th of March.

I would like to apologise for the delay in our reply. This has been out of our hands as we had to wait for a response from Valve.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
(aka SenseiTW)

Thanks Valve... :rolleyes:

Valve never promised preload for ETW - it was only advertised on CA website so it looks like they promised something and now they cant do that. Info from Valve is that preload is impossible because CA/Sega insist on staggered release...

Valve never promised preload for ETW - it was only advertised on CA website so it looks like they promised something and now they cant do that. Info from Valve is that preload is impossible because CA/Sega insist on staggered release...

Well regardless of who the blame lies with...its a pretty shitty thing. :( I wanted to spend the next couple days preloading because my connection isn't that great and we all know this game is gonna be a HUGE download.

I don't get why they are doing a staggered release either?

I mean why have the Retail NA customers able to play BEFORE the digital download people??? Also for the EU guys it's the other way around, digital downloaders from EU get to play it tuesday while the retail people have to wait until Wednesday with us NA digital downloaders.

I don't see why they don't simply unlock the game on Tuesday for anyone to d/l it and those that get it from the store to play it too.

Well regardless of who the blame lies with...its a pretty shitty thing. :( I wanted to spend the next couple days preloading because my connection isn't that great and we all know this game is gonna be a HUGE download.

Rumor is that it will be compressed to 7-8GB download and about 14GB on HDD.

I don't get why they are doing a staggered release either?

I mean why have the Retail NA customers able to play BEFORE the digital download people??? Also for the EU guys it's the other way around, digital downloaders from EU get to play it tuesday while the retail people have to wait until Wednesday with us NA digital downloaders.

I don't see why they don't simply unlock the game on Tuesday for anyone to d/l it and those that get it from the store to play it too.

I agree - staggered release is BS.

so what time again is this supposed to be available to download? Ill be disappointed if i get home tonight and cant even play it till tomorrow

so what time again is this supposed to be available to download? Ill be disappointed if i get home tonight and cant even play it till tomorrow

I live in europe and I will be able to start downloading in 2 hours and 30 minutes :)

This kinda sucks but i had already pre-ordered before they even said anything about the pre-load. I guess i won't be playing until Thursday because on my connection 7-8 gigs is going to take 8-12 hours and that's if it is maxed the whole time....

Back