No picture - x1900xt

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
Just finished putting together new PC, everything works, fans go, everything is dandy, but I dont get a picture. The card is working since the fan is trucking along. Any ideasss?

[edit] card is a x1900xt, im also using an old shitty dell monitor, so I had to use a vga to dvi adaptor, if that means anything at all.

well, do you hear any beeps when computer starts?

do you hear the HD work?

make sure you have all the power connectors plugged in ( like the extra power that these cards need)

try a different monitor?
(friends are good for that)
try a different card ( friends are also good for that)

yes, 1 beep, which means everything is OK, correct?
extra power is plugged in

dont have an extra monitor or pci-e card.

1 beep and all light come on (or like one double beep?)
beep and a very quick second beep?
read your mobo insturction guide..
maybe worth buy that trouble shooting board, not sure what its called, but basically you plug it into a PCI slot and it has a small display that gives you a code as to what is wrong...
but best way is to get a friend who has some compatible parts...
and replace them one at a time ( the parts, not the friend )

everything lights up and goes on, one quick beep, which acording to me mobo book, means everything should OK.

unplug the power from the mobo and vid card.
and take the vid card out.

then try to power the system on again and see what the mobo says.

power it down again and un plug.

put the vid card back in and hook it up..

this is just a very simple reseating step.
try the other video out port?

(also what kind of mobo?)

dfi-lanparty super duper sli edition something sdjo;as

i'll try in a bit

make sure you have the card in the TOP PCIe slot, and also try the other DVI port.

I got it working, beasting on it right now. All I did was use a different vga-dvi adaptor and it worked fine. :cool:

Everythings working great now besides windows not wanting to accept my activation key and nagging me about it and mysteriously not being able to hear people (but they can hear me) on ventrilo. I'll figure it out in due time, but now, its time to take it for a spin and play some games. :)

I actually have one last question on the top of video cards...

How do I change the saturation on this card? (Like NVIDIA's digital vibrance) I know i saw a picture of it being done somewhere

Back