No PC CoD: Infinite Warfare Trial

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those of you that were anxiously awaiting the trial version of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for the PC are out of luck. Apparently Activision has decided, in its infinite wisdom, to only release the trial for consoles. :(

There will be no PC version of a Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trial version that will be free between December 15th and December 20th, offering access to all three game modes in the first-person shooter. Activision's announcement of the free trial does not specify platforms, but knowing from experience this doesn't mean the PC is included we contacted them and confirmed that this is only for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Will still see 2 mile long lines at a midnight sale. With 80 percent of them will be the one's that put the game on a blacklist because of the no trial.

Guess this will just be another console port, awesoem. I really haven't played COD for longtime but sorry for those who do.

Will still see 2 mile long lines at a midnight sale. With 80 percent of them will be the one's that put the game on a blacklist because of the no trial.
I don't think that will be the case, as the game has been out since November :ROFLMAO:. This is just a free weekend so that Activision can try and get their hooks into some more people before dumping out overpriced DLC, maybe it's nice of them to exclude PC gamers.

I stopped playing when dedicated servers went bye bye. This game is all console now.

Activision unless they fired off all their senior qa, when moving the qa work locations around, as Los Angles is very expensive to live in, they focuse on a main skew first. That means they have the main team playing through the game on one platform. Usually it it is xbox skew, but some games start on other skews. The PC team is usually the smallest team as the hardware is usually as low as they can get to run the game and have it look good. The recommended spec or just above it because some of the machines are running debug code. They usually have the main skew start testing with a small external team to the studio about a year out. That team focuses on finding the early problems when they had the most lead time to fix them. The second line skews are brought on about seventh months from launch. They run several studios so that one game is almost finished another is mid way through and the other one is just starting on their main title.

So the PC skew will use the xbox code as the starting point with the direct x api calls but some times when they go back to the high resolution meshes and textures they are not high enough detail for the high end resolution and either have to say they are good enough or rebuild them. At which point they now have characters and objects that look different so they have to rebuild lower resolution versions for the consoles or simply launch the PC version later on and hope no one remembers that the console version was the main skew and the objects look better on high end pc rigs but worse on low end machines.

There is also that microsoft games team plays for the limited time previews on the console to limit the people seeing it to only see it where the graphics all look the same, assuming you have a nice enough tv. They may also want to avoid issues with a demo on steam for what ever reasons. Most of the past games that had xbox as the main skew the xbox had a few days early for the people who have to play the game the minute it is out so they can brag to their friends how far they got or a number of other things.

And to make matters worse, if you buy the windows store UWP version, you can't play it with your friends that bought the Steam version.

In fairness to MS though this appears to be something Activision could have avoided, but makes it no less of a gotcha.

Last edited:
i'll wait till it hits the Steam Bargain bin or I have enough Wal-Mart savings catcher dollars to trade for a Steam gift card. Not worth the money for PC when there is a lack support or banning hackers.

Even then I heard there is no dedicated server support for TF2.

You heard correct. Titanfall 2 is just as bad as the new CODs. If you're not under 13 or a console peasant, the game will be absolute garbage to you.

I "demoed" the single-player experience through, errr... unofficial channels. :shifty: Half of it is this really crappy arcade flight sim, where you have no choice but to do an entire mission flying your space F-22. Bad, bad game. Their marketing seems to be sucking in all the resources, firmly stuck in the "MOAR CELEBRITIES" mode.

COD has never been about single player. I don't think I've even started a single player campaign since MW3. Multiplayer is, basically, the same formula every year: fast time-to-kill military shooter. Recently with some future pew pew lazor beemz sprinkled on to make it "new." (It's not). I personally enjoy it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

COD has never been about single player. I don't think I've even started a single player campaign since MW3. Multiplayer is, basically, the same formula every year: fast time-to-kill military shooter. Recently with some future pew pew lazor beemz sprinkled on to make it "new." (It's not). I personally enjoy it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Did you play the original CoD? Most people didn't even play multiplayer with it. Although it's been so long, I don't even remember if you could even play it online. Might have been LAN only for mulitplayer.

Uh,no. After MW3 I would agree with you but the originals, the single player was the main attraction. Blops 2 and 3 have been ok on that front.

It was up to MW1 and I loved that campaign. Single player started to slip with MW2 and beyond. By then you could tell that the developers were more focused on multiplayer.

I played MW3 more than I want to think about up to launch but the story is mostly scripting events with some prerendered cut scenes mixed in with ingame cut scenes but some of the ones where the building falls behind you are pretty funny. I don't think I would go out to buy the game for the single player but if you already own MW3 the single player missions can be fun. There is a couple choke points that were nuts the first run through but I think and finding the weapons you prefer to use really nuts.

There were three studios working on different parts of the game going up to crunch so my guess is that it was equals parts since all the gear and assets were used on both the single player part and the multiplayer maps.

Back