No Next-Gen Radeon until February 2019?

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Based on information gleaned from roadmap slides posted at XFastest, VideoCardz predicts that a new Radeon series (i.e., 600) will not appear (from ASRock, at least) until February or March, at earliest. Optimists say there could be an NDA in play, but in any case, the company’s lineup of 500-series cards ends two months into 2019.

According to some rumors, ASRock was planning to introduce RX Vega graphics cards with custom cooling solutions, but the slide does not seem to confirm that such graphics cards are planned, at least not yet. The most interesting tidbit from this roadmap is lack of any future Radeon series till at least February/March. One would guess this is when new series (600) could appear or when Radeon 500 series will no longer matter.

Perhaps if NVIDIA does come out with 11xx cards this summer, AMD will get a move on it.

They're doing great in CPUs, now if they could just get back in the graphic card game.

Dun care... I can't buy a Vega 56 for $360, can't buy a 1070 for $360, dun care. *sniff*

I haven't bought Far Cry 5 yet because I don't want to run it on my GTX 770. I'd like a new video card, but I want it to be 30% faster than the one I have without being stupid money.

P.S. One good thing about not buying a new video card, it forced me to go through my Steam library and play some games that I bought and stashed. I just finished Dying Light, and it was surprisingly good once you got past the beginning. And the game taught me things I didn't know - for instance, I never knew that people in Turkey will keep several blades for circular saws in their house. And they keep them everywhere, too - in the kitchen cupboards, in the refrigerator, in the closet, in clothes chests, in the trunk of their car. It's these little pieces of culture that make video games relevant.

Last edited:
Dun care... I can't buy a Vega 56 for $360, can't buy a 1070 for $360, dun care. *sniff*

I haven't bought Far Cry 5 yet because I don't want to run it on my GTX 770. I'd like a new video card, but I want it to be 30% faster than the one I have without being stupid money.

P.S. One good thing about not buying a new video card, it forced me to go through my Steam library and play some games that I bought and stashed. I just finished Dying Light, and it was surprisingly good once you got past the beginning. And the game taught me things I didn't know - for instance, I never knew that people in Turkey will keep several blades for circular saws in their house. And they keep them everywhere, too - in the kitchen cupboards, in the refrigerator, in the closet, in clothes chests, in the trunk of their car. It's these little pieces of culture that make video games relevant.

The used market is dropping fast. The retail market is probably coming.

I picked up a custom cooler factory o/c'd vega 64 from Gigabyte a few months ago and love it. Beats the snot out of my previous crossfired r9 290s on a single card. I cannot complain at all. Would I like AMD to come back and destory Nvidia w/ 7nm goodness? Of course. However in the mean time I'm doing just fine with my Vega 64.

SEP on the 1070 is $399 USD, and you can find several new at this price point, including ones with custom coolers.

I hope they are not rebadged die shrinks of the 500 series. We need new silicone from AMD !!

What we need is Intel to release an incredibly powerful GPU at competitive prices (wishful thinking), and get rid of this stale two horse race. It's turning people, including myself away from PC gaming. If it wasn't for VR...……...

I hope they are not rebadged die shrinks of the 500 series. We need new silicone from AMD !!

I would buy a 7nm 580 with higher clocks and 75w

What we need is Intel to release an incredibly powerful GPU at competitive prices (wishful thinking), and get rid of this stale two horse race. It's turning people, including myself away from PC gaming. If it wasn't for VR...……...
Or if someone released a kick-ass mining card that sucked for games and sold it cheap.

Or game engines get with the times and scale with mgpu properly.

These are mad times, mad I tell you

Back