No newegg for me - what should I do :(

Building New Comp

Weaksauce
I am from Australia and want to get a new computer. The parts I chose are cheapest at newegg.com but I supposedly can't order from there

What options do I have? I have a cousin who lives in nebraska - would I be able to send it to him and then get him to send it to me?

If so - would this cost a lot for postage etc.?

Yeah, be careful about postage/duty/whatever.. that could really kill you. You may be able to call your post office first to find out.

If you have any good computer stores around where you live, you may want to check those out. I am sure there must be an online retailer that ships to AUS.. or is at least based in AUS..

I'll ask my friend later, he lives there and I know he ordered stuff online before.

You'll end up paying more if you try to get the parts from NewEgg because postage will kill you, even if all the parts are cheaper. Also, that's another shipment those parts have to endure. If anything gets broken in the shipment from the US to Aus, you can't just send it back to NewEgg and say "Look what happened, give me a new part." At that point, you'd better have taken insurance on the package, and then you'll have to go through the claim process...

It will be a lot faster and easier if you just find a place in Aus that carries everything you need. Even if you pay more at the "register," you'll end up saving yourself a lot of hassle, time, and money.

Is monarchcomputers.com anygood? I hear it ships to Australia :)

But are the prices of the parts more expensive there - also does anyone know if the shipping prices are a lot?

Monarch is good, try TCcomputers.com, although im not sure if the name is still the same.

There are tons of online stores, just do a little looking around, you'll find what you need.

Ask OCAU perhaps? They routinely beat us in folding marks so they must be getting all this computing power from some Australia-based vendor...

But does monarchcomputers.com send to Australia?
I made an account there and Australia was not one of the countries listed.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...Y&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=WC#international

Monarch Computer Systems ships to Australia, all of South America and most of Europe. To place an international order, you must fill out a quote request form and a member of our sales team will reply with a quote complete with shipping charges to your shipping address and instructions on how to complete your order.

* All international orders must be paid using wire transfer, prices are in US dollars, a $30 processing fee will be charged
* Quotes are good for 30 days
* Orders shipping to US and Canada should be placed using the website
* Minimum order amount for international shipping is $250
* All fees and duties associated with customs and duties will not be included in the shipping but will be due to the local customs agency in order to receive the product

I think it would be a better idea to go through a more local dealer. The customs duties and extra fees it seems you have to pay would probably even out with the higher prices you'd be paying down under.

Building New Comp said:
But does monarchcomputers.com send to Australia?
I made an account there and Australia was not one of the countries listed.

If you ask nicely then maybe?

Back