No Network Connectivity

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm having a serious problem with Windows 7 on my desktop PC.

Basically, I shut my PC down the other day because it was just too fucking hot in my room to keep it running. When I booted it up the next day, no more internet connection. :(

Network status: Identifying... No Network Connectivity

This has happened before, so, I uninstalled my NIC drivers, rebooted, Win7 re-installed them, and it worked perfectly. However, this time, that didn't work so well. Every time I tried to disable or uninstall the drivers, the system would lock up and require a reboot. Only ONCE was I able to uninstall the drivers successfully, but it still did not help.

I've tried resetting the TCP/IP stack, and a couple other fixes I've found around the net, but nothing seems to work. I also tried restoring my router to factory settings, and that doesn't work either.

Every PC in my house works just fine on the internet, even when attached to that particular cable.

Any suggestions? :(

I've had a problem like that once. Whenever I rebooted it wouldn't detect the connection at all. I would reset the router, and then it would detect 2 networks. So I did an ipconfig /release and it would drop one, then click the red X in the network and sharing center to have it repair the connection. Pretty friggin odd, finally fixed with a BIOS update.

Try setting a static IP. Something like 192.168.1.100 will work (if your router ip is 192.168.1.x)
Set your mask to 255.255.255.0
Set your gateway to whatever the IP of your router is.

To do this, go to Network center in Control Panel
Click on Manage Network Connections (on the left)
Right click your Network connection (local area connection for wired or wlan wireless for ... wireless :p) click on properties
Choose IPv4 and go to properties

Last edited:
Try setting a static IP. Something like 192.168.1.100 will work (if your router ip is 192.168.1.x)
Set your mask to 255.255.255.0
Set your gateway to whatever the IP of your router is.

To do this, go to Network center in Control Panel
Click on Manage Network Connections (on the left)
Right click your Network connection (local area connection for wired or wlan wireless for ... wireless :p) click on properties
Choose IPv4 and go to properties

I tried doing this once, but my 'Network Settings' froze up and would not save the settings. I'll have to try this one more time.

op i think your problem is more then your nic

did you have spyware, viruses, malware or anything like that recently?

I've seriously been able to fix issues like this before by unplugging the power cable from the PC, and pressing the power button and holding for 5 seconds. Then plugging it back in. Pretty strange and I've had it fix dumber problems.

My wifes does this on occassion. i still have her on the RC because i bought the 64b version which her cpu doesnt support, so not sure if problem will occur when we get her upgraded. If i shut her pc down normally or try & assign a static ip to it, i constanlty get errors for ip addy conflict. But when i check my routers dhcp table, there is no conflict. The way i have to fix it is shut down all pc's & reboot the router, then turn hers on first. When i change it back to dhcp instead of static the problem goes away or doesnt happen i just do a normal reboot. Like i said, not sure if its cause of RC, or maybe just the NIC/mobo chipset.

My wifes does this on occassion. i still have her on the RC because i bought the 64b version which her cpu doesnt support,
That key will also work with a 32 bit copy. All you have to do is download a copy of the 32 bit version. There are many official links for this. What version do you have and i can get you a link.

Frustrated with the whole situation due to the fact that I have finals going on, I shut the computer down for 3 days. Today I booted it up to grab a file off it, and guess what? It works. -.-

Frustrated with the whole situation due to the fact that I have finals going on, I shut the computer down for 3 days. Today I booted it up to grab a file off it, and guess what? It works. -.-

I'm willing to bet flushing the power out by holding the power button while it was unplugged would have fixed it like I suggested earlier. :D

I'm willing to bet flushing the power out by holding the power button while it was unplugged would have fixed it like I suggested earlier. :D

You could be right, but like I said, I was too busy with finals to really fuck with it, so I shut it off for a few days. Works now, so I'll keep your advice in mind for next time. :D

You could be right, but like I said, I was too busy with finals to really fuck with it, so I shut it off for a few days. Works now, so I'll keep your advice in mind for next time. :D

Hah, no problem. I was just breakin' balls... I've seriously had that fix some brain hurting issues.

I had a printer one time that I couldn't ping, access the admin page, but I was able to print it.

But after I unplugged the power and flipped the power switch a few times and plugged it back in it worked. This was after I tried just regular power cycling...:mad:

Back