NO Metro LL with 700 series

Magnus042

Weaksauce
For those of you in the market, Metro LL ONLY comes with the 600 series of cards, and the Titan. Those of us who purchased 700 series are out of luck.
The advertisements they are running are kinda misleading, so I thought i would spare everyone else the heartache i felt yesterday when unboxing my $650 card only to find no voucher:(

Where did you buy the card that lead you to believe it was included? A quick perusal of Newegg could have saved you some heartache.

Fear not, you have an awesome gpu, go enjoy it, after you buy Metro LL :D

I'm not sure why you thought there'd be a voucher in the box when there's no word of that anywhere. Go with AMD if you want games in the box. You could go on the For Sale section and buy an AMD bundle for cheap. If you went with EVGA 700 series (I THINK), you can get that new 3DMark free.

Metro last light was never mentioned as being included with the 700 series. If you can afford a $650 gpu, you should be able to afford a $20-30 game.

The ad image itself is indeed misleading on the Nvidia site as it states, and I quote "Gear up with a GeForce GTX 660 OR ABOVE, get Metro: Last Light free" (caps my emphasis)

You actually have to click on the ad image and on the following page scroll all the way down and click the freemetro info link in the terms and conditions, only on this page you will see in a darker and smaller font that the offer isn't valid for 700 series cards.

Personally I would call that a misleading ad too but it hasn't stopped me from caving in and ordering a 770 today :p

Yeah im certainly not whining about the money, its the misleading wording of the ad that bothers me.

The ad image itself is indeed misleading on the Nvidia site as it states, and I quote "Gear up with a GeForce GTX 660 OR ABOVE, get Metro: Last Light free" (caps my emphasis)

You actually have to click on the ad image and on the following page scroll all the way down and click the freemetro info link in the terms and conditions, only on this page you will see in a darker and smaller font that the offer isn't valid for 700 series cards.

Personally I would call that a misleading ad too but it hasn't stopped me from caving in and ordering a 770 today :p

I noticed the same, it was unclear at first to me whether or not the 770 included last light when I read the "660 or above" on Nvidia's website. After the second link I saw that it was only for the 600 series, but I never even saw the "not for the 700" series wording, it just seemed clear that they put up the ad before the 700 series came out. Not a deal breaker, but the free games offer from ATI is enticing.

Looking around on other forums, Im not the only person who assumed that higher than 660 included the 700 series. Its certainly not a dealbreaker, but it does piss me off a litle.

Back