No Metro Game In 2017

HardOCP News

[H] News
Despite all the rumors to the contrary, Deep Silver says that there will be no new Metro game in 2017. The good news is that they said "in 2017." The bad news is that they said "in 2017." ;)

You may have noticed some sites have reported that a new Metro game would be released in 2017. Deep Silver has released the following statement... As the exclusive rights holder to videogames set in the Metro 2033 universe, Deep Silver has ambitious plans for the hugely successful Metro series. But just to manage our fans' expectations - releasing the next Metro game in 2017 is not one of them. When we have more news to share, we will. Thank you for your patience.

Damn! Was hoping this was true. Metro Last light was great!

I just downloaded the audiobook of Metro 2033 on audible today. Didn't know it was a book and no clue what it's about, but it's Sci-Fi so should be interesting.

For all the hype I didn't find 2033 amazing. As for Last Light, it was somewhat fun and a better story. Overall not that great. Will not even consider buying the redux. I consider it a bad use of money and time.

The Metro games play worse than STALKER ones. They are both shamelessly clunky to the point I thought devs actually wanted them that way for some reason.

I thought that reason was to give it that 'Russian' feel. Made it seem things were more difficult since their equipment is usually function over form.

I think the Metro games are two of the best FPS's in the past 10 years. No bullshit SHOOT/DIE/RESPAWN multiplayer emphasis (got a million games to do that in), just a long, drawn out story and some creepy, derelict environments to move your way though. The Russian element adds to the mystique, particularly if you aren't Russian. The over-reliance on fighting Monsters was a bit of a drag, but the rest of the game was top notch. Playing this game in VR, I'd probably crap myself.....the environments are really well done. Needs better navigational queues (if the game is NOT open world, Devs, then leave us some breadcrumbs...especially if our filters are about to run out...asses!) and needs *more* combat with humans, but these rank as some of the most immersive FPS's out there. IMHO of course. They are just top-notch in graphics/performance and 'look and feel'.

Back