No longer need MSpoints this summer!

Atticus_gamer

Limp Gawd
Just received a text msg from G4 saying that summer this on XBOX live you can finely use money to purchase items, no long need to buy MSpoints to always have a random amount after buying something...sounds good to me..pay the right amount for something and no longer having to spend $15 on something I only want to spend $10 on.

I thought that was just for buying Xbox 360 games, on their upcoming direct download service?

I'll still be using points. Nothing beats buying them for half price when there's an offer on. :D

I cant wait for this, the points system is stupid, they should have done this from the start.

do they still offer discounts on points? i don't really mind using them, it's really not much different.

i want to know, though, if you'll be able to pay for something with half points, half real money.

I much prefer this system because it gives people a better understanding of what you are actually spending. Just spending 'points' and spending 'dollars' are different subconsciously. My respect for Xbox Live just went up a tincy iddy bit.

The main reason they use points is because they have to pay a fee every time a credit card transaction is made and that seriously cuts into their revenue when a large number of their transactions are only a dollar or two. Points are fine but it would be nice if they were 1:1 so it were easier to understand.

MS really needs to adopt the PS network system, if I've got 5 bucks on my account and I want to buy a game for 12.99 it just debits 7.99 from my checking account, I hate that damn MS points system.

I like points because I only buy them when they are discounted somewhere but I do not buy much on Live anyway (have had 1600 points sitting around since Feb).

I like points because I only buy them when they are discounted somewhere but I do not buy much on Live anyway (have had 1600 points sitting around since Feb).

This. Can't exactly buy money at a discount

I think that link agrees that it's just for full game purchases, not everything.

I am quoting this because it needs to be repeated! The only thing they have stated was the use of real currency over space bucks when purchasing full retail titles in their marketplace. Everything else would remain as is.

+1 for buying points at a discount. I just wish M$ used a simple 100 points = $1 system vs 80 points = $1. The marketing won that battle.

Back