No-latency overclockable (up to 1080p@~270Hz) monitor controller board

This sounds like a perfect match for my just ordered Sony 32" 1080p TV with really low input lag that I planned to use as a 2ndary monitor in my room (casual gaming like rpg games n such single player games, movies and extra work space) due to VA panel's great contrast. Just wondering if it's compatible, how exactly do you know whether it is or not.
I look up the TV model to try to find the panel, then look at either a picture of the TCON and the datasheet.

could this be used to reduce the input lag on LG's 4k OLED TV's? They stand around 45ms right now, even with game mode on.

OLED stuff is hard to get documentation on. Even when I was working at samsung display labs, we couldn't get that much information about the panels that we had!

Edit tl/dr sorry, i'm typing aloud...

4 channel 92 pins, is this the absolute requirement?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, i'm checking panels at that panel look site you mentioned. Some panels show the connector type and pin # and others do not. So some are 70 pins, some are 92, some are even 30 pin, and some unfortunately don't say.
I was considering the Dell u2515H Panel # LM250WQ1-SSA1 but it doesn't even say what the connector type is. I assume all 25" 1440P monitors use this - at least it's the only one there is listed.

I was going to ask what's the pin requirement but realized the Tn panel you mentioned is 92 pins.

Unfortunately cannot DL spec sheets without pokeycoins or whatever :shifty:

Also considering the Dell p2416D which uses one of the M238DAN01 variants. There are three variants of this panel.
Two have 70 pins, (M238DAN01.3 and M238DAN01.1 QA) and 1 has 92 pins M238DAN01.1 Q0
So i guess i have to dig more to find out which one it uses.

2 channel / 4 channel - assuming more jooze is able to be pushed through @ skimming Goog. So 2 channel = no go?
It looks like all of the Samsung Pls 16:10 24" are 2 channel. :grumpy:

Eh you know what...Might as well start a reference list..

Dell u2515H Panel # LM250WQ1-SSA1 - No Connector Listed
Dell p2416D Panel # M238DAN01.1 (4 ch, 8-bit) Variants ( Q0 92 Pin - QA 70 pin - 1.3 70 Pin )

will add more as i research..

Last edited:
cont..

I feel it's too bad you weren't able to release this a few years back, as with the xsyncs and panels coming in at Ocing to up to 200Hz stock now seems most people will opt for a name brand jobber..

For me, Xsyncs would be nice, but with my lucks they probably will never come in with the form factor i would prefer.
27" is too big for my liking, 1080p - while still relevant for people who don't want to buy $1200 dollars in video cards, like me, is and never was a consideration. 1080p is just gimp.
If i buy a panel today i cannot justify not going at least 1440p. But even 16:10 1200p is the lowest i would want to go.
I would rather 25" or 24" 1440p. So. For people like that, and people who just want, or need to mod, this is still relevant.

I also was thinking it would be cool to be able to have like a switch box, where you could switch between the native board and the modded pass through. Then you could still have osd native functions for "work" related tasks, and switch to pure oc for gaming ect. I would be ok for now using say Adaptive refresh in the Nvidia driver or even Adaptive Half Refresh depending on the game and still have smoother gameplay than without. At 240Hz with Adaptive Half Refresh, that would still be a smooth 120fps if you could maintain it. Or a smooth 60fps at 120Hz if that was all you could push.

Anyway, misc ramblings. I just want my fw900's back :cry:

Edit tl/dr sorry, i'm typing aloud...

4 channel 92 pins, is this the absolute requirement?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, i'm checking panels at that panel look site you mentioned. Some panels show the connector type and pin # and others do not. So some are 70 pins, some are 92, some are even 30 pin, and some unfortunately don't say.
I was considering the Dell u2515H Panel # LM250WQ1-SSA1 but it doesn't even say what the connector type is. I assume all 25" 1440P monitors use this - at least it's the only one there is listed.

I was going to ask what's the pin requirement but realized the Tn panel you mentioned is 92 pins.

Unfortunately cannot DL spec sheets without pokeycoins or whatever :shifty:

Also considering the Dell p2416D which uses one of the M238DAN01 variants. There are three variants of this panel.
Two have 70 pins, (M238DAN01.3 and M238DAN01.1 QA) and 1 has 92 pins M238DAN01.1 Q0
So i guess i have to dig more to find out which one it uses.

2 channel / 4 channel - assuming more jooze is able to be pushed through @ skimming Goog. So 2 channel = no go?
It looks like all of the Samsung Pls 16:10 24" are 2 channel. :grumpy:

Eh you know what...Might as well start a reference list..

Dell u2515H Panel # LM250WQ1-SSA1 - No Connector Listed
Dell p2416D Panel # M238DAN01.1 (4 ch, 8-bit) Variants ( Q0 92 Pin - QA 70 pin - 1.3 70 Pin )

will add more as i research..

Pin count doesn't matter. 92 is a common configuration with a 51 pin plus a 41pin. As long as you can make/modify a cable for it.
LM250WQ1-SSA1 is a 14ms panel, woudn't bother with it. Same with M238DAN01. FWIW, I tested an M320DVN01 to ~110Hz.

2ch lvds will work, but it is limited in usefulness. Sure, you can get an image on the panel, but when you can't overclock that much, swapping boards around is pointless.

I agree, I missed the window of opportunity here. The number of preorders shows that. At this point, I'll be filling the preorders faster than expected by just hand-soldering up a small number of boards.

Not going to quote the whole page of posts, but in summary:

DVI is not dead in the sense that this board can operate at roughly the same clocks as DP1.2, is compatibile with almost all graphics cards on the current market and very likely the upcoming couple of generations (which have slowed down). Electrically, DLDVI is very much a pair of HDMIs in a single cable sharing a clock, and since HDMI isn't going away anytime soon, the low level interface will exist and be cheap/simple to continue supporting DLDVI. The only real lack of compatability is with laptops.

There also exists a single-chip solution which splits one HDMI 2.0 to DLDVI at full 6Gbps speeds, so forward-looking compatibility through this adapter is not lacking.

DVI is friendlier to overclockers and generally more stable. If you've used a DP display for an extended period of time, you've probably experienced disconnects or annoying things like desktop rearrangement on resuming from sleep. These sorts of problems do not occur with DLDVI because it is always-connected.

The DP1.2 chip that I am using is specified for 600MHz pxclk. I do not know what it can overclock to because my early-engineering-sample chips do not properly do the 5.4Gbit mode. A new chip version should have samples available this month which fixes the performance.

DP does have some real advantages, such as 6bpc (don't knock it!, it has it's uses) or 10bpc modes. DP1.3 bandwidth is great, but for now, we have DP1.2 and DLDVI to choose from.

When given the choice between these two similar-performing interfaces, DLDVI is actually the better interface for non-laptop users.

There are four main markets that I wanted to address:
1) Users of the popular 27" 1440p LG IPS displays could go from 60Hz to 120Hz (possibly requiring a TCON swap too, if using eDP versions).
2) Users of 27" 144Hz 1080p TN montiors with M270HHF-L10 going from 144Hz to 240Hz.
3) Users of 1080P TVs who want to use them for gaming and bypass all of the 60->120Hz FRC and buffering garbage.
4) DIY people who want to grab a panel and use it.

what about the driver pixel-clock limits imposed by the OE's drivers?
they are not on DP - or in some cases HDMI - but is still FIRMLY in place. (meaning to anyone trying to get past this ~300mhz clock - driver patching is required) (nvidia and AMD both) (27" 1440p ABOVE 75hz)
AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the AMD/ATI video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI, and the 400 MHz limit for VGA.
NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher modifies the NVIDIA video driver to allow higher resolutions and refresh rates by removing the 165 MHz pixel clock limit for single-link DVI and HDMI, the 330 MHz limit for dual-link DVI,

DL is about as compatible with all graphics cards as much as DP is compatible with all graphics cards. (or more correctly, there are LESS cards coming out with DLDVI than DP)
I agree with the DLDVI being a pair of HDMI sharing a single clock - but that brings me to the first point - you still have the software imposed limits by the OE's - they are moving onto HDMI/DP

the disconnect of DP - i haven't experienced in quite a long time. I honestly can't tell you the last time it happen on any of my systems.

I think in general DLDVI's true time has passed (to soon in some people's opinions) - and like the VGA - it will stick around too long.

Last edited:
The P2416D is one of the cheapest 1440p screens capable of pivoting, hence a natural candidate for DiY overcloking.

Pin count doesn't matter. 92 is a common configuration with a 51 pin plus a 41pin. As long as you can make/modify a cable for it.
LM250WQ1-SSA1 is a 14ms panel, woudn't bother with it. Same with M238DAN01. FWIW, I tested an M320DVN01 to ~110Hz.

2ch lvds will work, but it is limited in usefulness. Sure, you can get an image on the panel, but when you can't overclock that much, swapping boards around is pointless.

I agree, I missed the window of opportunity here. The number of preorders shows that. At this point, I'll be filling the preorders faster than expected by just hand-soldering up a small number of boards.

Hmn, well i always understood it as most ips are 12-16 ms native, but forgot about not having overdrive which in most cases is what pushes these panels into 5 or 4 ms range. The panels in the Acer 144Hz Xb and the Eizo Foris 27 are 12 ms gtg panels, at least that is what is stated on panelook. But then they have overdrive. Unless this is not always the case anymore. For a long time at least it was commonly stated that tn panels were basically 5ms and ips were about 16ms native and overdrive is what makes them faster. Maybe that's fundamentally changed in the last decade, at least in some panels today. I had always looked at response times with this in mind.

That 32" you stated seems to be a native 7/5 t/r t/d ms average, = 12ms rise + fall?
I concede that i basically know nothing too entirely technical about them, i've read shit over the last decade, but my interest in them has always been to see them die.

Anyway, so i guess the best idea is to just pick a panel first, and basically build a monitor.
Still an option i suppose, if it's not too much of a pain to source everything. Seems no way around having more than one monitor. Tn for gaming if i want anything close to the crts i've been using for the last, well 20 years, and and Ips for color work. They both suck so intolerably bad though that having even one on my desk is annoying. I don't like being defeated into submission, so thinking about buying two destroys my soul.
Incidentally, what glossy panel is that in the video?

Stupid question...

but the star of the show on this board is the LVDS controller chip, and it being an IC, it can be overclocked...

What's the chance of slapping a heatsink on this thing and pumping more volts through it and pushing it to 300Hz+?

Hmn, well i always understood it as most ips are 12-16 ms native, but forgot about not having overdrive which in most cases is what pushes these panels into 5 or 4 ms range. The panels in the Acer 144Hz Xb and the Eizo Foris 27 are 12 ms gtg panels, at least that is what is stated on panelook. But then they have overdrive. Unless this is not always the case anymore. For a long time at least it was commonly stated that tn panels were basically 5ms and ips were about 16ms native and overdrive is what makes them faster. Maybe that's fundamentally changed in the last decade, at least in some panels today. I had always looked at response times with this in mind.

That 32" you stated seems to be a native 7/5 t/r t/d ms average, = 12ms rise + fall?
I concede that i basically know nothing too entirely technical about them, i've read shit over the last decade, but my interest in them has always been to see them die.

Anyway, so i guess the best idea is to just pick a panel first, and basically build a monitor.
Still an option i suppose, if it's not too much of a pain to source everything. Seems no way around having more than one monitor. Tn for gaming if i want anything close to the crts i've been using for the last, well 20 years, and and Ips for color work. They both suck so intolerably bad though that having even one on my desk is annoying. I don't like being defeated into submission, so thinking about buying two destroys my soul.
Incidentally, what glossy panel is that in the video?

Yeah, around 12ms seems to be the realistic norm for many ips on the market now. There are a few that are legitimately 4ms.

I am looking into offering whole monitors based on M270HHF-L10, but given the lack of success with this preorder thing (four unconfirmed orders to date), I'm not sure if it will happen.

When you are willing to have two monitors and switch between them, picking a panel becomes pretty easy. You can't currently get faster than M270HHF-L10 + this board and there are lots of good-looking options if you drop the requirement of being fast.

The glossy panel that you see is an M320DVN01 based monitor with a glass cover. It was free, so I use it but don't particularly care for it.

I can not get excited over the M270HHF-L10. 27" 1080p because without a strobing backlight it is too niche:
-if i want less blur, a strobing backlight will be better than 240Hz-no strobe.
-if i want less input lag, TN panels are within sppiting distance
-you would neeed to drive costs down a lot to compete with the TNs and the Strobed offers, which is kind of hard using a $150 board.
-Add a strobing backlight and costs skyrocket, you have a very low input lag with very low blur monitor, but only 1080p 27".

here goes my personal value grading, from most to least important features:

-Strobing backlight
-120Hz+
-IPS or VA
-Low input lag
-High resolution
-High pixel density

My dream PC monitor would be a 24" 2560x1440 IPS panel at 144Hz with a strobing backlight and no input lag.
The next best thing would be a 4k 35" at 60Hz with a true 120hz+ strobe mode at 1080p, running over HDMI 2.0 with acceptable input lag.
The meehhh solution woudl be a 34" 3440x1440 @120Hz with a strobing backlight .

Of my 3 wishes, the 4k 60hz+1080p 240hz dream TV is the one that your board better handles, so grab a Seiki 39", make it work with your board, shut up and take my money!

Yeah, around 12ms seems to be the realistic norm for many ips on the market now. There are a few that are legitimately 4ms.

I am looking into offering whole monitors based on M270HHF-L10, but given the lack of success with this preorder thing (four unconfirmed orders to date), I'm not sure if it will happen.

Sorry to hear about the slow start. I think a LOT of people are hesitant/unwilling to break apart their expensive monitors to find a panel part number. That, and a LOT of enthusiasts who can afford to risk voiding their monitor's warranty have abandoned 1080p and moved to 1440p or 4K, and this controller board does not really shake up the scene at those resolutions. 1080p is seen as a 'casual' resolution by many, and there are quite a few high-end, ultra-wide 1440p monitors with 100+ hertz refresh rates. Yeah, they cost $1k+ but they exist and have a market.

For what it's worth, I shared this thread and your first video on the Unreal Tournament forums, which is filled with a ton of people who believe that 60FPS is 'unplayable' and think 120Hz is the minimum bar-of-entry for playing games. Hopefully this can help get some more sales for you. I'm happy with 60FPS, but I would LOVE to play 120FPS or higher, but my use-case (4K) does not fall under this board's feature list.

Pairing up with a smaller monitor manufacturer like Overlord may be your best bet to get this board widely distributed, or alternatively give people links to distributors' sites for the purchase of bare panels that you know play nice with the board.

Another thing is that I know there are some TVs that advertise ridiculous panel refresh speeds (I think I've seen a TV with '600Hz' as a buzzword) but these TVs only accept a HDMI input of 60Hz and perform 'software' frame interpolation. If these panels are even remotely capable of pushing out 200+ hertz, we need to know about it so this board has yet more options for deployment.

Just thinking out-loud, because I would really like to see this board become a success.

The 600Hz etc is a visual processing rate or an AC power method (like a plasma needs to use because it does not have a DC on state).
You can more or less ignore it unless comparing TVs from the same mfr when interested in how smooth sport looks.
It doesnt specifically define how good anything is, only reviews will.

The 600Hz etc is a visual processing rate or an AC power method (like a plasma needs to use because it does not have a DC on state).
You can more or less ignore it unless comparing TVs from the same mfr when interested in how smooth sport looks.
It doesnt specifically define how good anything is, only reviews will.

I know that entirely. The question is not 'how good does it look' but rather 'how much truth is there to claiming the panel can ACTUALLY handle a ~600Hz refresh'. In the end, by using this board, you eliminate the pre-processing, and have direct access to the panel. If the panel can handle 600Hz, then damn!

The panels are not 600Hz capable.
Its all marketing.

The visual processing is simply that, processing. At 600Hz or whatever number they can associate with frames processed.
The processing is not performed on screen. The result of the processing is fed to the screen at its native refresh rate.

The panels are not 600Hz capable.
Its all marketing.

The visual processing is simply that, processing. At 600Hz or whatever number they can associate with frames processed.
The processing is not performed on screen. The result of the processing is fed to the screen at its native refresh rate.

Damn. I knew that they could only receive a 60Hz input, but I was hoping there was SOME truth to that "600Hz" number.

I can not get excited over the M270HHF-L10. 27" 1080p because without a strobing backlight it is too niche:
-you would neeed to drive costs down a lot to compete with the TNs and the Strobed offers, which is kind of hard using a $150 board.
-Add a strobing backlight and costs skyrocket, you have a very low input lag with very low blur monitor, but only 1080p 27".

-Strobing backlight
-120Hz+
-IPS or VA
-Low input lag
-High resolution
-High pixel density

My dream PC monitor would be a 24" 2560x1440 IPS panel at 144Hz with a strobing backlight and no input lag.
The next best thing would be a 4k 35" at 60Hz with a true 120hz+ strobe mode at 1080p, running over HDMI 2.0 with acceptable input lag.

Of my 3 wishes, the 4k 60hz+1080p 240hz dream TV is the one that your board better handles, so grab a Seiki 39", make it work with your board, shut up and take my money!

This, so much this. Seiki 39" way to go if this board coiuld work in it.

Get in contact with Mark Rejhon over at Blurbusters.com. I know he posted an article about this back in 2013 but there was an NDA with the chip being used. If you are considering selling this as a mod, he would be a great person to talk to. This is just in it's infancy, and I'm sure that many others, including myself, would snap this up in a heartbeat if it was possibly streamlined to a set monitor that has the best specs for this application, and you would provide a kit with complete instructions. This would take the guess work out of this whole thing and would prove the concept to more people.

Please keep this alive.

If it can be confirmed that your product will work with FreeSync, I would be very interested in it.

BUT... I need that confirmation first. I can't go back to a non-sync monitor

Is this compatible with my:
Asus VG248QE 24-inch Full HD Ergonomic Back-lit LED Gaming Monitor?
Another question does this means with this ZisWorks 240Hz DVI board, Is it going to be a "0 ms delay response time?" Because my current monitor is 1ms delay response time.

the 60->120Hz FRC a
Hello fellow monitor overclockers!

A couple of years ago, I created a 240Hz 1080p monitor. I never really got past getting a couple units out to a companies for development uses. Now that I'm done with school, I have had some time to clean up the design and make it suitable for production.

Targeted users:
1) Users of the popular 27" 1440p LG IPS displays could go from 60Hz to 120Hz (possibly requiring a TCON swap too, if using eDP versions).
2) Users of 27" 144Hz 1080p TN montiors with M270HHF-L10 going from 144Hz to 240Hz.
3) Users of 1080P TVs who want to use them for gaming and bypass all of the 60->120Hz FRC and buffering garbage.
4) DIY people who want to grab a panel and use it.

If you are interested in modifying your monitor or TV with a really fast controller, check out the video here:
Preorder demo video:

For high-speed camera captures:

For a demonstration/ proof of prototype:

Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask any questions here or via email.

Mods, please don't remove, I did get permission from Kyle before posting this.

This is great!

Would this be able to work on my 1080p LG oled tv? It would be nice to get no input lag on it, please let me know and I will preorder!

Also does this require soldering?

-Strobing backlight
-120Hz+
-IPS or VA
-Low input lag
-High resolution
-High pixel density

I do support strobing and does not add much inherent cost to a design.

Sorry, but when I'm trying to sell single and double-digit counts of boards, the design and testing time is a lot more than the raw parts. If I sold these by the thousands, prices would be a lot lower.

You want 144Hz framerate. That's 7ms. The fastest ips panels on the market have a worst-case transition time of more than 7ms (yes, even ones that are claimed "4ms"). That's why you need to lower the framerate to get strobing. It is a tradeoff.

I don't think you're in the only-care-about-raw-speed group that a 270Hz monitor is aimed at.

I'm looking into the innolux panels used in the 39" seikis. No promises.

Last edited:
Would this work with a laptop panel? I'm planning to use one for my next PC.

Older ones, sure, but they're mostly 2ch. Some medium/lower resolution laptop panels can OC fairly well. I have my mom's T60 edid-modded to 120hz and my t520 did 180Hz@1680*1050.

newer ones are switching to eDP for fewer wires and can be often be run directly through a connector-adapter. I made a board for the 12.85" 2560*1700 IPS @ 72Hz for a client who tried to get a kickstarter going with it, but the kickstarter did not get funded. There are similar boards avalable through ebay now.

Sorry to hear about the slow start. I think a LOT of people are hesitant/unwilling to break apart their expensive monitors to find a panel part number. That, and a LOT of enthusiasts who can afford to risk voiding their monitor's warranty have abandoned 1080p and moved to 1440p or 4K, and this controller board does not really shake up the scene at those resolutions. 1080p is seen as a 'casual' resolution by many, and there are quite a few high-end, ultra-wide 1440p monitors with 100+ hertz refresh rates. Yeah, they cost $1k+ but they exist and have a market.

For what it's worth, I shared this thread and your first video on the Unreal Tournament forums, which is filled with a ton of people who believe that 60FPS is 'unplayable' and think 120Hz is the minimum bar-of-entry for playing games. Hopefully this can help get some more sales for you. I'm happy with 60FPS, but I would LOVE to play 120FPS or higher, but my use-case (4K) does not fall under this board's feature list.

Pairing up with a smaller monitor manufacturer like Overlord may be your best bet to get this board widely distributed, or alternatively give people links to distributors' sites for the purchase of bare panels that you know play nice with the board.

Another thing is that I know there are some TVs that advertise ridiculous panel refresh speeds (I think I've seen a TV with '600Hz' as a buzzword) but these TVs only accept a HDMI input of 60Hz and perform 'software' frame interpolation. If these panels are even remotely capable of pushing out 200+ hertz, we need to know about it so this board has yet more options for deployment.

Just thinking out-loud, because I would really like to see this board become a success.

Thanks. My betatester is a Russian Quake-fiend haha.

I don't think Overlord is still around.

Most of those TVs are 120hz with 60->120Hz FRC and other marketing gimmicks to claim big numbers. When the FRC is located before the TCON, the TV is moddable.

Stupid question...

but the star of the show on this board is the LVDS controller chip, and it being an IC, it can be overclocked...

What's the chance of slapping a heatsink on this thing and pumping more volts through it and pushing it to 300Hz+?

In this case, the limit is the panel. The PLL on the chip loses lock at around 700MHz pixelclock. It has a separate power rail, but I don't think the gains will be significant.

If it can be confirmed that your product will work with FreeSync, I would be very interested in it.

BUT... I need that confirmation first. I can't go back to a non-sync monitor

As am I. Still waiting on a driver which enables FreeSync over HDMI.

Is this compatible with my:
Asus VG248QE 24-inch Full HD Ergonomic Back-lit LED Gaming Monitor?
Another question does this means with this ZisWorks 240Hz DVI board, Is it going to be a "0 ms delay response time?" Because my current monitor is 1ms delay response time.

Yes, it can be made to work. I have a beta-tester which has used your panel with my controller.

Unfortunately while 240Hz is likely doable (tested two panels, both did 240hz), the AUO M240HW01V8 has a white-out issue where the screen will go all-white when displaying dark images when heavily overclocked. This begins to occur around 160-210Hz, limiting the usefulness of the mod. I believe that this has to do with power/safety limits in the TCON, but I have not investigated further into fixing this issue.

This mod will *not* improve the pixel response time of the panel, which is what you are referring to with the "1ms delay" value. The pixel response time of the panel is an inherent characteristic of the panel and describes how quickly a pixel can change based on a new input.

I don't mean to insult, but if you had to ask about the response time, the mod is probably not a good choice for you.

This is great!

Would this be able to work on my 1080p LG oled tv? It would be nice to get no input lag on it, please let me know and I will preorder!

Also does this require soldering?

It does require splicing wires. Soldering can be nice but is not necessary.

The only LG OLED TCON that I've seen looks rather 'smart' with no documentation. not a good mix. Unless you want to put some serious hours into really hacking it, probably no.

Get in contact with Mark Rejhon over at Blurbusters.com. I know he posted an article about this back in 2013 but there was an NDA with the chip being used. If you are considering selling this as a mod, he would be a great person to talk to. This is just in it's infancy, and I'm sure that many others, including myself, would snap this up in a heartbeat if it was possibly streamlined to a set monitor that has the best specs for this application, and you would provide a kit with complete instructions. This would take the guess work out of this whole thing and would prove the concept to more people.

Please keep this alive.

There was no external NDA, but I am under NDA on the details of the chips, so I can't opensource it or share the microcontroller source without breaking that NDA. Mark has given me permission to use his forums for promoting and supporting my boards.

I am looking into offering the 1080p@270HZ as a full monitor. There are lots of people not willing to mod.

Awesome! Yeah I could do the mod but I like the idea of just purchasing a "turn key" solution. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

If you could make this mod work with Dell P2416D, I will sign up for preorder.

Or can you sell me an already modded Dell P2416D that overclocks to atleast 144Hz.

Awesome! Yeah I could do the mod but I like the idea of just purchasing a "turn key" solution. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

I now have a 27" housing mechanical design finished. Very simple design. Getting quotes for manufacturing.

If you could make this mod work with Dell P2416D, I will sign up for preorder.

Or can you sell me an already modded Dell P2416D that overclocks to atleast 144Hz.

I have not tested this panel and do not offer guarantees of overclocking any panels.

If you send a picture of the TCON, I can at least try to crossrefernce it with what I know of LG panels to see if it is worth exploring.

Unfortunately i purchased an extended warranty for my Dell U2515H, which in terms used in my countru states that i have the right to claim a new monitor if a single pixel dies during the warranty. Not a chance in hell that i would open it just to discover what is the connector used on the LM250WQ1-SSA1 .

If you want to purchase panels and build a monitor from scratch, it is good news that adding strobing do not increase the bill of materials too much.

If you want just sell the OC board, the less complex the modification, the better.

Value of going from 30Hz to 60Hz is off the charts: turns a TV that is only suited for watching movies at 4k into a general purpose monitor.
Value of going from 60Hz to 120Hz: at 4k, would be state of art; at 1440p would be excellent; at 1080p, meehhh.
Value of going from 60Hz to 240Hz : probably not much better than 120Hz, but with massive bragging rights. But few 1080p IPS panels can do it without artifacts.

I do not understand much about pixel timings or overdrive. Math tells me that a 12ms GtG means 83Hz without overdrive. Somewhere else [H]ere a BlurMaster told me that ~90Hz is the bare minimum for use strobing. So we can put most of the slow and cheap 1440p panels cited above out of the business plan.

I 100% agree with the engineer: currently the panels that most benefit from this board are the 1080p with fast pixels and the 4k panels handicapped by 30Hz boards.

Unfortunately i purchased an extended warranty for my Dell U2515H, which in terms used in my countru states that i have the right to claim a new monitor if a single pixel dies during the warranty. Not a chance in hell that i would open it just to discover what is the connector used on the LM250WQ1-SSA1 .

If you want to purchase panels and build a monitor from scratch, it is good news that adding strobing do not increase the bill of materials too much.

If you want just sell the OC board, the less complex the modification, the better.

Value of going from 30Hz to 60Hz is off the charts: turns a TV that is only suited for watching movies at 4k into a general purpose monitor.
Value of going from 60Hz to 120Hz: at 4k, would be state of art; at 1440p would be excellent; at 1080p, meehhh.
Value of going from 60Hz to 240Hz : probably not much better than 120Hz, but with massive bragging rights. But few 1080p IPS panels can do it without artifacts.

I do not understand much about pixel timings or overdrive. Math tells me that a 12ms GtG means 83Hz without overdrive. Somewhere else [H]ere a BlurMaster told me that ~90Hz is the bare minimum for use strobing. So we can put most of the slow and cheap 1440p panels cited above out of the business plan.

I 100% agree with the engineer: currently the panels that most benefit from this board are the 1080p with fast pixels and the 4k panels handicapped by 30Hz boards.

There are TCON limitations with this panel.

I am looking at alternative TCONs.

Great news: latest version of DP2LVDS has better signal integrity characteristics and can operate in the HBR2/5.4Gbps DP1.2 mode. Using 1080p240 over DP now. Will get a radeon graphics card to check freesync operation ASAP.

Back