No images after Window loads.

u8myrice

2[H]4U
I have an FX5500. There's video/images when window loads with the window logo and everything. After Windows load, all I can see is a mouse cursor. I left it loading for a while, but nothing.

I formatted and reinstalled Windows Pro. After the initial formatting, it goes to the Windows installation/setup. I can't see anything except a blue background and a mouse cursor. I tried installing it twice but it's doing the same thing.

This is the first time I've seen this problem, can anyone give me some help and insights?

Can someone help me? I didn't break any cap or resistor off or anything. Why is it doing this?

Has this card been put into the system in your profile? Please post the system specs if not.

Does the motherboard have integrated graphics?

Did it just start doing this one day? Has this 5500 ever worked for you or did it start doing this right away?

System Spec:

Celeron 2.6ghz
1gb ddr ram
fx5500
200gb wd ide
nec dvdrw

Card ran in the computer before. I recently bought a Coolermaster VIVAcooler so I installed it for silent cooling. After I installed it, it started happening. I didnt break any cap or anything like that.

Wierd thing is, the computer detects the video card. I get perfect pictures on bootup. After bootup, I get no pictures, just the cursor and the background.

Tried it again today. Checked the caps on the card and replaced the heatsink with the stock HSF. Still no luck. =[

I know you don't want to hear this, but you probably damaged the core and/or memory installing the aftermarket cooler.

I switched the card with another computer and it's doing the same thing. I took off the aftermarket heatsink to check for any dmages but I couldn't find any. I wanna get to the botom of this!!

How can I tell if the core is damage?

Back