no idea what im doing, 1080ti FTW3 hybrid low numbers

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
I scooped up my buddies 1080ti ftw3 hybrid for my main rig and figured i may as well mine with it when im not gaming. when i set up nicehash and set it to high settings, im only getting 34mhs at 175 w. People are reporting online upwards to 47. Any ideas?

Are you running the pill? EDIT - Also I haven't seen 47 on ETH in a while, usually more like 40.
i got it sitting at 46.1 steady @190w. Felt a bit excessive, so i dropped it down to around 41 @ 132w. I know this is how much eletricity is used, but still a baby at this stuff. Slapped nicehash on my sons 1070 too while hes at school/overnight. Still messing with settings and everything.
Whats the pill?
mining.JPG

Nicehash really does make this easy.

i got it sitting at 46.1 steady @190w. Felt a bit excessive, so i dropped it down to around 41 @ 132w. I know this is how much eletricity is used, but still a baby at this stuff. Slapped nicehash on my sons 1070 too while hes at school/overnight.
41 @ 132w is good stuff

I don't have a 1080ti and have never verified this myself.. but i did read somewhere miners now include the ethpill already and using t-rexminer you can just set the memory timing straps high enough to get equivalent hashrates of an ethpill.

So, in my experience the 1080ti can run 46MH all day, but you do need to push the wattage.

I had no luck running eth pill within quick miner or the standard miner. So I ran it manually. Your experience may vary, but I had to run the program in this order.

Overclock card > run miner > run eth pill > close eth pill.

Even with it closed it will still work, but for me, if I left it open and closed the miner, my PC would artifact and lock up. So if I was away from my PC and the miner decided an overclock was too aggressive and rebooted the miner, the PC would freeze.

Results may vary, but I can run between 42 and 46 all day every day.

Its also built into the regular nicehash but its disabled by default so you just turn it on in advanced settings

Its also built into the regular nicehash but its disabled by default so you just turn it on in advanced settings

They figured out how to do it without the actual pill being used anymore. I swear the normal miner pretty much says dont use it anymore.

Even as an admin and selecting the option, the cards would run in the 30's. I had zero luck with eth pill within the miner. Probably a one off.

Trex miner and pheonix miner can do the same trick as the pill. It is just memory timings tweaks. You do have to enable it in a config file.

Trex miner and pheonix miner can do the same trick as the pill. It is just memory timings tweaks. You do have to enable it in a config file.
Gminer as well.

You have to use the memory timing flag, which is like -mt and a value. I think I settled on four. Then in the batch file, you have to run as administrator.

I can get 45ish out of my ti, but it cranks out the heat and is unusable for just reading hardforum. I have it dialed back to 41 so I can hop on my pc to use it. I am not using nicehash...going direct.

I got it running at 43 mhs! going to actually move it to the basement and build a dedicated rig for my 1 spare card lol. what risers should i go with? i want to buy 2 for now and amazon reviews are absolutely scary af

I got it running at 43 mhs! going to actually move it to the basement and build a dedicated rig for my 1 spare card lol. what risers should i go with? i want to buy 2 for now and amazon reviews are absolutely scary af
Search for ver006c risers. I bought a 12 pack from eBay years ago and they haven't had a single issue.

Even as an admin and selecting the option, the cards would run in the 30's. I had zero luck with eth pill within the miner. Probably a one off.
I would recommend using trex miner. That's what I use and run the memory tweak in the ethermine file and I get 42hash before I used the memory tweak it was at 35hash. Check out this video to learn how to do it

I would recommend using trex miner. That's what I use and run the memory tweak in the ethermine file and I get 42hash before I used the memory tweak it was at 35hash. Check out this video to learn how to do it

Super old post, best friend. I got it all working and only used nicehash for about 8 minutes. I have been using T-Rex since.

Back