no idea how to fix my problem

well it all starts out on my other computer, i had a DWL-G510 wireless card in my computer, then it sputters out and practically dies for all i know, then i try uninstalling the drivers and such and redoing it but that doesnt work.

so then i buy a new card thinking it might just be the card, buy a dlw-g520, go through the instructions to install it and such. everything goes fine until the end of step 2.....which at the end says to manually restart, pop the card in and then turn on the comp. ok that goes completly fine, cause in the instructions after you put in the card and turn on the comp it is supposed to show up with "new hardware found" well it never did that (and it didnt do it when i tried reinstalling the other card" but my nvidia firewall comes up with ""the nvidia firewall is not fully functional because you have installed a program that modified the windows system configuration" "the nvidia firewall has fixed the problem, your system needs to be restarted""

so i click the "restart now" on that. and after the restart again, nothing, cant connect.....

i aint really knowlegable at much, so i have no clue whats wrong. but my guess is for some reason my nvidia firewall is messing it up and not letting it complete.....which i think its odd cause it never did that when i put the first card in the first time....

any help very much needed, thanks in advance.

This is my friend and I tried helping him, but I couldn't figure it out. Any guess as to what's wrong just might put us in the right direction so if you have a thought, no matter how crazy, then do tell. thanks guys. We wanna play BF2 again!!!! :(

have you tried removing the old network card in device manager?

it sounds like the nvidia firewall is doing something wierd.. but maybe not..

try a different pci slot.. maybe your pci slot crapped out somehow.. or maybe you are overclocking without the pci lock on and it is throwing your pci slots out of spec..

the old card didnt show up in device manager, just some 1394 network thing.

i dont overclock, but i will try another pci slot, hadnt done that yet.

Back