no GTR for 360 :(

Lets see...GTR is one of the best racing games ever made, while Stuntman, juiced and the MX games all sucked donkey schlong. Makes perfect sense to me.:rolleyes: :p

Sorry, i don't like to play racing sims with either a controller, or a mediocre wheel.
thats fine, but a majority of racing sim fans don't spend $300 on a steering wheel setup for their pc. anyways, i was looking forward to forza 2 anyways, so this news is kinda bleh. regardless of how great the pc version is, i doubt the 360 version would've been half as good.

Well i guess we will never know now. I loved Forza's AI.. such good AI for a console Sim.. All i feel from GTR is that every AI controlled car is way aggressive.. No real distinction between the cars.

It will be missed, I was looking forward to it. Not surprising though as there hasn't been any news in about a year as far as I remember.

Xbox360 does not support the Logitech G25 as of yet which is what you need to get the full experience on GTR

Then it looks like you wouldn't have purchased GTR on the 360 to begin with, so your point is?

My point was to bring the bad news to people who were looking forward to GTR.. or the to inform the readers on what a stupid decision it was to cancel a promising looking game for 3 terrible ones.

Well considering GTR has been out for the PC for a long time and GTR 2 came out more recently, I don't think 360 fans are going to be missing out on much. I mean...if they REALLY wanted to play GTR, they would have bought it for the PC by now. I mean it came out a few years ago for crying out loud. GTR2 though would have been cool...that's too bad.
So are they dropping the GTR series altogether then? For that type of game, I sort of prefer to play Toca Race Driver 3 instead anyway. First 2, now 3. Anyone else ever play that? Kick ass fun on the PC in Toca 3. I think it was on the XBOX as well. I had Toca 2 on the PS2 back in the day. Some might know it as "DTM Race Driver". Lotta lotta different types of cars you could drive. Really fun online. And you could choose to make it a tru sim physics game or more arcady. I prefered more arcady because the arcady felt more like real driving to me. But hell I've never driven a race car so I wouldn't know.

GTR is a bit more of an arcade style racer so you can't really compare it to Forza. They are apples and oranges.

I never owned GTR, but it clearly had some fans. This had to have been a financial decision. I wonder what the sales were for the GTR games.

its got to be hard being a 3rd party developer sometimes going against a first party franchise. im sure THQ considered the potential sales of GTR against Forza2 and the $$$ that MS spends pushing their own game and figured there wouldnt be a large slice of pie left over for them.

GTR is a bit more of an arcade style racer so you can't really compare it to Forza. They are apples and oranges.

I never owned GTR, but it clearly had some fans. This had to have been a financial decision. I wonder what the sales were for the GTR games.

I played GTR once on a friend's machine and I own GTR 2. I would put them in the sim category. Not arcade category at all.
I'd be quicker to put Forza in the arcade category than I would GTR. But both should be in the sims.

I've played GTR2 on rig in sig w/ the Logitech Momo Force and Forza 2 on the Elite w/ a 46" Sharp 1080p and decent Onkyo HTIB on the couch. IMO, I have more fun w/ Forza. They're both sims, but the bigger screen, better looking tracks, support for multi channel surround, and easier "get in and play" accessibility make Forza my personal fav of the two.

Back