No good games coming out?

There's nothing else I care about coming this year. I guess the RE Village DLC might finally hit and there's a tiny, tiny chance Street Fighter 6 might have a demo this year. Otherwise, nada.

Well I'm looking forward to Tiny Tina's wonderlands, can't think of anything else atm that's planned for this year.

Not much, Like KazeoHin says I'm just going through my backlog or replaying games on the PC that I originally played on console, like RDR2.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the main one for me!
Wasn't a fan of 2. I'm still waiting for a Switch port of X. X was a FAR better game. I don't know why they're making a 3 already without a re-release of X.

Again, i'll just leave this here, X was an amazing game that most people never played since it was Wii U only.

Wasn't a fan of 2. I'm still waiting for a Switch port of X. X was a FAR better game. I don't know why they're making a 3 already without a re-release of X.

Again, i'll just leave this here, X was an amazing game that most people never played since it was Wii U only.

I loved X as well and because 3 is bringing together the world's of 1 and 2, I wonder if the world of X is gonna show up or if they're going to keep, frustratingly, acting like it never happened.

I enjoyed the previous 3 titles each enough that I'll get XB3 though, and it's not like there are any other major JRPGs coming out soon.

Sniper Elite 5 comes out next week, Warhammer 40K: Darktide in September, Scorn in October. Hopefully TDU Solar Crown, Hogwarts Legacy, and The Callisto Protocol make it this year, but I won't be upset if they don't. I'd rather they be finished with care than chase a release date.

Legend of Heroes : Trails from zero is set to release in September
I would be more excited if I didn't already beat both of them. I am annoyed that they are going to have the next 3 entries in the series before we even get Trails into Reverie. I am still buying the Zero games to support Falcom.

Correct. I delayed starting Cold Steel when the Fan Translations were announced for Crossbell. Currently finishing up Trails 3RD. Which will lead me right into this. I've heard good things about this game...apparently it's pretty dark. I should have my Steam Deck by then. Which, will make being able to play this easier for me.

The Cross Bell are is by far the darkest of them. I didn't I would like them at first since they strayed away from Joshua and Estelle but ended up being my favorite of the 3 arcs so far.

There seemed to be a decent amount of games coming out in the early year, but it seems that devs don't really care about spring/summer months much anymore. At least I had Elden Ring to enjoy for a couple of months. I suppose I sit and wait for a bit. My youngest daughter is about half-way through Horizon (first one on PC), so I've just been watching her play that. I haven't felt like much other than popping into some of my favorite SHMUPs here and there.

I'm going to assume Atomic Heart is not coming this year.

It was supposed to, but I haven't seen any REAL news about it in a while. Maybe we'll get a nice holiday season surprise. I miss having games come out in the summer though. Something to do after being outside all day. :D

I dunno, I love the combat and characters of Trails in the Sky, but just find " pure investigative " game missions boring.

Will Trails of Cold Steel give me less boredom? Is it now mostly military missions., or are they still running the same "small town detective" angle?

God of War Ragnarok
Silksong (I hope)
Sea of Stars
Multiversus
Undecember
Ixion
Savior

I'm sure there are more but I just raided my Steam wishlist for most of these.

I dunno, I love the combat and characters of Trails in the Sky, but just find " pure investigative " game missions boring.

Will Trails of Cold Steel give me less boredom? Is it now mostly military missions., or are they still running the same "small town detective" angle?
They all pretty much have the same structure. It is more Military but still typical Japanese highschool crap in it.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
That this year? Just messed around in the demo and it brings back great memories. Need to swap GPU's, doesn't run so well on integrated.

Yes, this is supposed to be out pretty soon if memory serves. So that's something. I've been waiting... ...a while. :D

Also as mentioned above, Silksong. I also hope.

As soon as I got my Refund status back after refunding like 50 games last year getting a warning from Steam I started refunding again maybe 10 games since BF 2032 launch. Save Money Live Better. I do keep games but they gotta be worth it.

I don't even buy new AAA games anymore. No point. Most end up on game pass, or whatever anyways. Only games I buy are from the smaller studios where I feel they deserve the money, and it's not $60 new anyways.

I don't even buy new AAA games anymore. No point. Most end up on game pass, or whatever anyways. Only games I buy are from the smaller studios where I feel they deserve the money, and it's not $60 new anyways.
Yeah, usually they drop in price quickly too. That's not even mentioning how buggy most new release aaa games are. I don't need to be the first person to ever play game xyz on launch day.

Except in the old days of box + sub mmorpg titles, I don't buy full price and never really did.

I do buy indies as you do, too, but those are entirely different animals.

I can't think of anything coming out this year that I'm interested in. I haven't even heard of the vast majority of games mentioned in this thread.

Yeah, usually they drop in price quickly too. That's not even mentioning how buggy most new release aaa games are. I don't need to be the first person to ever play game xyz on launch day.

Except in the old days of box + sub mmorpg titles, I don't buy full price and never really did.

I do buy indies as you do, too, but those are entirely different animals.
My only caveat to that is certain Nintendo games. I'll buy the latest Mario or Zelda day one every time no problem, and they haven't failed me yet.

My only caveat to that is certain Nintendo games. I'll buy the latest Mario or Zelda day one every time no problem, and they haven't failed me yet.
Mmmm yeah, I have bought some Nintendo ones day 1 now that you mention it, for wii and wii u. I just forgot :p.

Elden Ring is the first 'AAA' game I've purchased and played within its launch timeframe in a long time. Halo Infinite was somewhat decent, but prior to that I can't even remember the last major game I purchased within a year of its release...

idk BoTW failed pretty hard.
Breath of the Wild has sold more than 28 million copies, making it the best selling game in the Legend of Zelda series by a wide margin (second best is Ocarina of Time with 14 million between the N64 and 3DS release). If that is a failure I'd love to see what a success is.

Breath of the Wild has sold more than 28 million copies, making it the best selling game in the Legend of Zelda series by a wide margin (second best is Ocarina of Time with 14 million between the N64 and 3DS release). If that is a failure I'd love to see what a success is.
Only sold well cause the hype of the Zelda name. If it was some new IP I probably wouldn't break 1 million.

Back