No Games Under the Tree this year.. :(

TheBluePill

2[H]4U
I guess everyone thought I was too old to get computer games.. First time in 26 years I didn't get anything new to play.. :( (tears in my eggnog)

Yes.. Im a big kid at heart.. ;)

That sucks man....well, I guess I don't get a lot since I've oved into my apartment and away from the parents and the parents in law! I did get a 25 dollarr Best Buy gift card! :p I was hoping someone in the family would take the *hint hint* that I got my Xbox 360 recently and buy me a game or two...but sadly, I was not remembered! :D

yeah this isnt such a huge time for pc games, there are some new things out but not that many really, and i wind up buying stuff once it comes out anyway :p

dont worry my b-day was dec 24 (i dont celebrate christmas) but yea i got ZERO b-day presents, im really bummed about that.

I didn't get any games. I figure I will pick a few on sale after christmas, its all good. Nothing out now that really piques my interest anyways.

I got Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I'm quite happy.

I also received the copies of Viewtiful Joe and Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube that I ordered off of eBay.

While all these games are old, I can still enjoy them, and the bargain bin prices help too.

Dont feel bad, go out and buy your own (your old enough). I'm 23 and I got a coffee mug warmer that you plug in your car-- in reality this thing isn't practical at all, it has a huge temperature gauge on the side plus I have to detach it from the outlet when I want to take a sip. Oh, slippers too.

yeah nothing out new that really catches my eye, except that I did receive two PS2 games ( shadow of the colossus and spartan total warrior) last week as an early present only because I was talking about them while in best buy with my brother when we were out and about doing the shopping rounds, other than that nothing but gift cards and some new snowboarding gear.

It's funny though, it seems as christmas's come and go I feel less like receiving anything for some reason but have no problem totally spending out the wazoo for presents for everyone, ah well that's what its all about the giving.

matcauth said:
It's funny though, it seems as christmas's come and go I feel less like receiving anything for some reason but have no problem totally spending out the wazoo for presents for everyone, ah well that's what its all about the giving.

That's the spirit of the season ... giving. In my large extended family, the adults buy presents for all the kids (more for their own than the others'), then get presents for their parents, grandparents, and siblings. Everyone else gets a card.

I gave my little 9 y/o nephew the complete Chronicles of Narnia (a series of books that completely enraptured me when I was his age) and it was apparently his favorite gift. After opening it, he literally launched himself across the coffee table to hug my neck. That's what the Christmas season is all about; giving joy to others. My sister told me later that he'd been asking her for the Narnia books for months. It made me feel great to see him so happy.

I gave my own kids lotsa of stuff; the 14 y/o got a dvd writer & 50 blank discs, Guild Wars (which he'd asked for), an iPod Nano, two each PS2 & XBox games (including BF2: Modern Combat), and a BFG 6800OC video card. He's in techno-heaven. The 3 y/o got a metric buttload of toys and books. (ATTENTION PARENTS OF SMALL CHILDREN: the Tumble Time Tigger is one of the most annoying toys I've seen in a long time; not only does freaking Tigger do cartwheels across the floor, he raps about it to the tune of "Superfreak"/"Can't Touch This" ... it's positively disturbing.) :(

thats what the after christmas sales are for!

I got a bag of salted peanuts from my gramps for christmas. :eek:

Same here, no new games under the tree. I either got them already or have no interest. But, getting cash though helps more, since my system is due for a upgrade lol

I'm waiting til feb 2006 for something good hopefully. CS-S, DoD-S and WoW will suffice in my rare offtime during school =P

Back