No flash or daily deals during Steam autumn, winter sales

I think Valve realized that people were catching on and only buying on the last day of the sale...this will encourage more buying throughout

I feel like this could make some deals harder to discover. One of the nice things about daily and flash deals was that it would occasionally allow some lesser known games to get into the spotlight and catch people's attention. On the other hand, I do like the idea of not having to worry about missing a deal on a game I really want.

Probably will not see any 90% off discounts as a result... but will encourage more purchasing, since that feeling of getting jipped on the last day is gone, that is, if you didn't wait till the last day...

They didn't always repeat daily deals on the last day just the best selling ones mostly. I was happy with the daily and flashdeals. as Der said the flash specifically would have games no one normally buys but lesser known stuff I had on my wishlist. Honestly my backlog is so goddamn huge if steam sales went away Id be over it.

Steam is such a whore house of early access greenlight garbage now I have trouble even browsing for stuff I might want. Their front page looks like teenaged me's 1998 myspace page when I figured out how to html load Flash and animated Gifs.

Steam is such a whore house of early access greenlight garbage now I have trouble even browsing for stuff I might want. Their front page looks like teenaged me's 1998 myspace page when I figured out how to html load Flash and animated Gifs.

thanks_for_the_add-235.gif

Probably will not see any 90% off discounts as a result... but will encourage more purchasing, since that feeling of getting jipped on the last day is gone, that is, if you didn't wait till the last day...

My guess is the lows won't be as low. If you have the time to browse it is likely going to be a bad deal. If you don't it might end up being better than usual.

It's good news for those of us with limited budget. It's easier to decide which game to get when you know what are all the available deals at once.

On the other hand, the event itself would be less exciting I guess since we've already get everything on the first day.

It's propably because of their refund policy. They didn't want people, who bought expensive games, get a refund and buy same titles during flash sales. :)

Also, I'm not sure how publishers will react. It's okay for them to keep a game for 75% off for 8 hours, but I can't see them holding the game 75% off for a week or two.

it also balances out the network traffic load

it makes weekend and midweek madness sales much more important for those publishers that throw out a 75% discount

i like it

It's propably because of their refund policy. They didn't want people, who bought expensive games, get a refund and buy same titles during flash sales. :)

Also, I'm not sure how publishers will react. It's okay for them to keep a game for 75% off for 8 hours, but I can't see them holding the game 75% off for a week or two.

They might have data for the publishers showing how nobody buys their games during the sale until the time it gets marked down.

Edit, on second thought, publishers already have that data. Some publishers may want this to get longer exposure.

As long as the prices are good I don't care. I'd rather have it just be a sale rather than a flash sale or voting on a sale. There's plenty of "deal" sites out there that will aggregate the good stuff.

Back