no fair-queue ?

Klowinns

n00b
Hello,

Sorry for the bother.

Why am I getting the following "no fair-queue" never seen this before.

interface Serial0
ip address 172.17.0.2 255.255.0.0
no fair-queue

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Give us some context. Just saying you get this error without including what software/firmware/hardware context won't get you any replies.

Disabling fair queuing will dramatically improve fast switching rates over HSSI. I think its a default value in recent IOS releases.

Fint said:
Disabling fair queuing will dramatically improve fast switching rates over HSSI. I think its a default value in recent IOS releases.

exactly

on serial interfaces E1 speeds and lower WFQ is default. Everything above uses FIFO, hence the no fair-queue. Sometimes the IOS will set it to that by defautl too..

show inter ser 0

will show you the queuing that is being used.

Disabling fair-queue on some serial interfaces will break fancy queueing such as priority and low latency queueing. I'm guessing you aren't doing anything like that as "Interface Serial0" is going to be on an older router, hence the Serial0 name.

Its just changing the interface queueing from fair-queue to first in first out.

no fair queue has been the default on interfaces above 2 Mbps in IOS for a while but the command was implied and did not show in your config. Such as if you changed it to fair queue it would show but then if you changed it back to no fair queue then it would go away again.

I have noticed that in recent IOS releases that they have changed the behavior and now instead of implying the no fair queue command they are listing it.

Hello,

Thank you for the replies and the help that you have provided.

Regards,

Klo

Back