No external power connector on my 4850 ? (Connect3D)

There's no 40nm HD 4850, ATi never mentioned that they would re-release the HD 4850 with lower manufacturing process, the HD 4770 is the only 40nm card and it has only 640 stream processors, but the card doesn't look like an HD 4850.

dsc00876a.jpg

dsc00869h.jpg

dsc00862o.jpg

30b.jpg

if you look carefully on images you will see that pcb is the same as 4850 triplex para soul card.I believe that connect 3d is actually a triplex card with connect 3d heatsink and logo of course :D

This is killing me that its taking the OP so long to install the card in a machine and slap an OS on it to run GPU-Z.

The only think that I want to know about connect 3d is if it has ddr5 or ddr4(Most of the 4850 triplex cards on Philippines are ddr4) or ddr3 and if it supports crossfire plug and play?

The Para-souls HD4850 are built on the highly anticipated ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series GPU ─ which utilizes second generation 55nm manufacturing process and GDDR 5 video memory architecture. It delivers best-in-class performance with new clock speed and break-through efficiency power management for tomorrow’s demanding applications. Additionally, the TRIPLEX Para-souls HD4800 feature a wide range of the latest graphics technologies, including TeraScale graphics engine, CrossFireX™, UVD 2 and PowerPlay™, to prepare gamers for bandwidth-hungry games, incredible HD fidelity and 3D applications.

TRIPLEX Para-souls HD4850 come equipped with ATI's latest TeraScale graphics engine, combining 1 teraFLOPS of GPU compute power, 800 stream processors and next generation GDDR5 memory to increase the physical gaming interaction for a more dynamic and realistic experience. In addition, with enhanced anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering, the TRIPLEX Para-souls HD4850 create striking graphics with unparalleled realism so you can max out the settings of the most demanding next generation games or revitalize your favorite titles. Also, the TRIPLEX Para-souls HD4800 series are provided with DirectX 10.1 graphics capabilities to support Shader Model 4.1 for life-like realism 3D gaming effects.

Benefiting from Avivo™ HD video and display technology, the TRIPLEX Para-souls HD4800 fully support even most processing-intensive content for HDTV and HD video enthusiasts, universal connectivity to TVs and displays, and HDMI with 7.1 digital surround audio. Take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities and one-cable HDMI™ connectivity solution to high definition home theaters.

You have to remember though. European hardware uses a different power scheme. Maybe PCI-E over there provides enough power. I was once told that you can't buy asian hardware then run it in your US system. I don't know how true that is.

OP logged in at 3:14... I wanna know what the hell happened.

You have to remember though. European hardware uses a different power scheme. Maybe PCI-E over there provides enough power. I was once told that you can't buy asian hardware then run it in your US system. I don't know how true that is.

That's not true, they have different mains voltage but they're PSU's convert it into the same 3.3v, 5v and 12v U.S power supplies do. So hardware wise there is no power difference.

That's not true, they have different mains voltage but they're PSU's convert it into the same 3.3v, 5v and 12v U.S power supplies do. So hardware wise there is no power difference.
I asked the guy about that and he assured me it did not. I argued that to him for awhile and just gave up eventually. I've been wrong in the past and figured maybe I was wrong then since the guy was a professor and was Asian. Figured he knew what he was talking about. Guess not ;)

Sorry for being late, but life got in the way! I installed windows today, and run GPU-Z. The card is being recognised as a 4800 series RV770 800 shaders. It all adds up to being a 4850.

Taking screenshots in a minute.

memory seems to be running a bit slow but other than that it is 4850..............

Now, I wonder if I'll be able to overclock it... gonna start trying.
So... any problems with the card at stock speed? How are the temperatures?

I'm interested in finding one of these in the US for my picoBTX system. It can take regular height cards, but the length needs to be about this size. I'd need to replace the HSF though.

The card overclocks quite well, I am at 680/1000 and it works perfectly. I have a small problem getting ati tool to run, so I can't stress test it with it, but I crysis-ed it for an hour or so, and all ok.

I'm starting to feel lucky that it does not require extra power.

Hi everubody, can someone put online the bios of this video card?
I have the previous revision of the board and accidentaly flashed it with another bios without backing it before..
now I have black screens all the time during 3Dmark tests...

So please some one help me to give my connect3D back to life...

thanks!

And it's only running GDDR3. I thought 4850s were supposed to have GDDR5? NM. It looks like most 4850s have GDDR3. It's the 4870s and 4890s with GDDR5 although there are some version of 4850 with GDDR5.

Very few of the 4850's had GDDR5. Like some of the other non-reference 4850's, when you consider how close it was in price to the 4870 after prices started tumbling they weren't great deals when you could just spend a bit more for a guaranteed faster core. I spent a bit more for a 4850 with a non-reference cooler for obvious reasons but if I was hell-bent on GDDR5 or 1GB of VRAM...

Back