No excitement about intel's latest offering??

I decided not to try AMD at the moment due to lack of motherboards, I ended up getting a great deal on a 9900K to pair with a new Z390 board I had sitting around. Sold my 8700K and Z370 board to a buddy who needed to upgrade on a limited budget. Not a big leap in performance for me, but should hold me over for quite some time. Also didn't have to spend hardly anything to do it.

Review of the i3-10100.

It's a nice improvement from the 9100, but the 3300x stomps it pretty good.

Even the 3100 was better in most production tasks and it would mostly equal in gaming with any machine short of a 2070 Super.

The igpu does give an advantage. If the 4/8 Renoir APU is $150 or less, these i3s will really be in a tough spot.

This time they're going to have to pull out their big guns. I think this is AMD's greatest lead. Though Intel has greater resources and they've already drained off some of AMD's engineers. Intel has a pretty low bar in terms of business practices, that's the way they've always played it. They could be in line for a smack down by Zen 3 if they don't get on it. At the least it will be interesting.

This was before I read that AMD spies for China and is in bed with them. Yeah, no thanks. Read the article. It's pretty damning.
Yep, I'm not subscribing to wsj (if I wanted biased news I can get it free in way more places, from Fox to MSNBC... Heck even the BBC has been polarizingly biased lately, but at least they have biased articles from both sides of the political spectrum). If you have a non payed link I'll read it though.

Anyone that supports AMD to me is un-American.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-tr...class-chips-china-got-them-anyway-11561646798

From the mid of Feb to the start of April I had a 3950x system. I eventually got it running okay but at the start of the build. I had to return not one, but 2 sets of memory due to the memory just not working correctly. It was then that I discovered that it is suggested you buy "Ryzen Approved" DDR4 ... at first, I couldn't believe my ears so I do a web search and ... holy shit ... it's true. 2nd, at load, I was hitting 88 - 92 - 93c temps which made me uncomfortable. 3rd, I spent weeks and weeks trying to overclock my 3950x ... no dice. I gave up eventually.

I am glad AMD has awoken Intel. We will eventually see Intel bring to market some incredible performance to the desktop.

I personally have a lot of problems with AMD. To me, they have always been budget oriented. That is embedded in my mind and very unlikely to change. But I did help my ex-GF get a 1700 based 1st Gen Ryzen. I don't have a problem with people using the product, just for me personally, I could never do it.

But, I am happy that people have a 2nd choice in AMD. For me, I will always been an Intel customer.

Once I put my new system together, I will have a 99% percentile gaming PC. 4400mhz, 10900K and a 2080 Ti on a push pull 360 rad

https://technode.com/2019/07/10/did-amd-really-give-away-keys-to-the-kingdom/

WSJ was a bit off in their article; that's not quite how JVs work, and for that matter, the x86 architecture has been about as well licensed and shared as it could be.

https://technode.com/2019/07/10/did-amd-really-give-away-keys-to-the-kingdom/

WSJ was a bit off in their article; that's not quite how JVs work, and for that matter, the x86 architecture has been about as well licensed and shared as it could be.
Directly from the article:

AMD would not even be the only US company with a similar setup. Intel works with Shanghai-based semiconductor design company Montage on a local x86 based processor and Qualcomm, until recently, had a JV with the Guizhou government called Huanxintong Semiconductor, which works on its own Centriq Arm based processors.

Guess buying Intel is "un-American" as well.

The Intel 10700 should not be dismissed by gamers just because it lacks the 'K'.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i7-10700/

It does very well when running max turbo and still does 2933 mhz on a B-360 meaning the performance hit is minimal.

They aren't very clear in methodology. It appears that only the brown bar has 2933 memory, where they other bars are using faster Memory...

In which case, they biggest jump is still from faster memory.

Though as before, I see no issue spending a bit more for a Z MB to unlock memory. I don't get why some have an issue with this.

This unlocks a fair bit of performance, making it nearly as good as the K processor. If you aren't going to overclock (most K's are apparently NOT overclocked) save CPU money, get the Non-K but spend a little more on the MB, to get that Memory speed boost, and you can skip the expensive cooling you would need to overclock CPU. Run cooler/quieter with still great performance.

They aren't very clear in methodology. It appears that only the brown bar has 2933 memory, where they other bars are using faster Memory...

In which case, they biggest jump is still from faster memory.

Though as before, I see no issue spending a bit more for a Z MB to unlock memory. I don't get why some have an issue with this.

This unlocks a fair bit of performance, making it nearly as good as the K processor. If you aren't going to overclock (most K's are apparently NOT overclocked) save CPU money, get the Non-K but spend a little more on the MB, to get that Memory speed boost, and you can skip the expensive cooling you would need to overclock CPU. Run cooler/quieter with still great performance.

The brown bar to the green bar shows only the memory speed differnce using a b460. Many B460 boards can now use max turbo so you would just have to extrapolate the performance in relationship to the blue bar to show 2933mhz memory with max turbo.

It would only be slightly lower than the blue bar which is still damn good performance.

This was before I read that AMD spies for China and is in bed with them. Yeah, no thanks. Read the article. It's pretty damning.
What's this about AMD being Chinese and Intel American? LOL! Both have significant amounts of Chinese and American involvement - you can't do efficient CPU's without both. Ok one of them has a white looking CEO and the other one an Asian (Lisa Su, who is actually an American btw) - but who cares? People find all sorts of weird emotional reasons to resort to fanboyism, and the worst ones are the ones who deny it. Drop the inane fanboi politics and just pick "the best" CPU for your needs.

The reviews should show the 10400 or 10400F with a 2080 Ti but how quiet and low-usage would it run with a 2060 Super, etc.? Or 10700.

But not on H470 and a stock cooler, 2666 ram, etc. squeezing every dollar. Might as well buy fast RAM now due to prices.

And if games are capped at 90 FPS it is a breeze?

honestly unless you need the extra cores the 8700k is still a beast for pretty much everything besides multi-thread scaling applications. but either way i'd just wait and see what happens to 9900k prices, if they go down then you basically have yourself a 10700k without the expensive board.

Yeah I'm not going to upgrade because this chipset doesnt have pci express 4.0 I might with Rocket Lake. I might upgrade my GPU before then

Back