No Elder Scrolls 6 to protect ESO and Skyrim success

Maybe it's just me but I don't really have the same interest in a ES 6 or Fallout 5 due to the trend and direction they'll likely go with. Customizable single player world was really the main draw to me. However I think it's highly likely they'll want to monetize modding from the onset and make it more multiplayer focused.

Call me naive, but I think Todd Howard has still got the creative magic. But I'm afraid of the suits who will try to force a multiplayer world. TES:V was a huge success as a single player game and still going strong even today. So how much clout does Howard have with Zenimax exactly? Can he do the movie director thing and threaten to walk away if he isn't given full creative control?

I'm still baffled how F76 ever made it past the Alpha stage of development....

Surely, at least a third of the dev's knew something was TERRIBLY wrong.

Publishers push out unfinished work all the time, it’s just part of the business. Most devs are accepting of this now, I can’t imagine any devs at Bethesda thought F76 was going to be seen as a great game. It had obvious issues and was clearly rushed to get that sweet consumer money.

And people bought it! Given how little effort went into the game, you can be almost certain Bethesda made money on the project (while damaging their brand).

Publishers push out unfinished work all the time, it’s just part of the business. Most devs are accepting of this now, I can’t imagine any devs at Bethesda thought F76 was going to be seen as a great game. It had obvious issues and was clearly rushed to get that sweet consumer money.

And people bought it! Given how little effort went into the game, you can be almost certain Bethesda made money on the project (while damaging their brand).

FO76 feels like a game that BGS made because they were told to, not because they wanted to. There is no passion, it's an obvious cash grab. I'd bet that has a lot more to do with ZeniMax than BGS.

I could be wrong of course, but it's pretty clear that FO76 is not typical of Bethesda games, which are typically very well made and well received, despite their tendency to be buggy. FO76 hasn't changed my anticipation for Starfield or TES6, which are likely to both be incredible games.

FO76 feels like a game that BGS made because they were told to, not because they wanted to. There is no passion, it's an obvious cash grab. I'd bet that has a lot more to do with ZeniMax than BGS.

I could be wrong of course, but it's pretty clear that FO76 is not typical of Bethesda games, which are typically very well made and well received, despite their tendency to be buggy. FO76 hasn't changed my anticipation for Starfield or TES6, which are likely to both be incredible games.

I don't think so. FO76 had some good ideas and they seemed pretty passionate about them. They just don't have any experience with multiplayer. And their engine is so terribly dated. It seems like they got in over their heads. Then gave up and cashed out.

Pfft....Well Bethesda, you have successfully drove yourself into the ranks of EA, congratulations! Once a mighty force in the gaming world reduced to a mere shell of its former self all in the name of greed & shareholder meetings.

I wouldn't call it a done deal yet.

Look, Bethesda wanted to try an online angel with the Fallout IP, basically reasonable. I imagine everyone that enjoyed Fallout4 wished that instead of a companion they could have had their spouse, son or daughter with them.

But of course, when it comes to producing the actual product, they chose people who had experience with such things, sounds reasonable. But of course that means that Fallout 76 became what most other shooter types like this are, and that's the exact problem.

Essentially, instead of doing as little as possible to change what they had in order to accommodate a little multiplayer, they just took a run of the mill multiplayer and tried to make it Fallout.

Back