No drivers on creative's site, what's up with that?

Frangible

Limp Gawd
I moved my Audigy 2 over a few slots in my system optimizing it for better airflow and was quite annoyed to get prompted by Windows for the original driver CD. Worse still, it took me over an hour of digging to find the original CD, and the drivers were not available at Creative's site... only upgrades. What the hell year does creative think it is, 1997? Why don't they post drivers?

It's just one of the little gems that makes me resent Creative.

[size=+2]Dealing With Creative[/size]

[size=+2]How do I make the new Creative drivers work with older Creative soundcards?[/size]

How To Install The Audigy 2 Unified Drivers & Software On An Audigy/Live!

Audigy 2 ZS Drivers that have been hacked to work on most every Creative card live here: ftp://hocp:[email protected]

P.S. It's incomprehensible to me too. I have a sneaking sense, hoever, that there are going to be some changes in the next year in computer audio, and Creative might actually see some competition.

Frangible said:
I moved my Audigy 2 over a few slots in my system optimizing it for better airflow and was quite annoyed to get prompted by Windows for the original driver CD. Worse still, it took me over an hour of digging to find the original CD, and the drivers were not available at Creative's site... only upgrades. What the hell year does creative think it is, 1997? Why don't they post drivers?

Because at 300mb for their drivers, that's an awful lot of bandwidth.. instead, they'll sell you a cd for $15.

...why not then make drivers that are a reasonable size? ATI puts out drivers that are fairly big on their website. To illustrate a point: My brother bought a Zen, and the driver CD was broken in the box, so he had to wait 3 weeks for them to send him another CD.. the whole time leaving the Zen sitting on a shelf.

Creative is retarded for only offering updates on their website for their drivers and applications, and I'm not paying those bitches 10 dollars to ship me a new CD which I'm just gonna loose again. Does anybody have a Creative CD they can make an ISO of or know of where I can download their applications for free?

Who ever said you can't install the driver updates from the Creative site? :confused:

All you have to do is use an archiving utility (like WinRAR) to extract the files from the downloaded executable and then manually install them via the device manager.

BTW there was no point in having two seperate threads about the same topic so they are now only one.

Mister X said:
Who ever said you can't install the driver updates from the Creative site? :confused:
how about for the live 24 bit........
Find me the drivers for the live 24 bit on their site.
I bet you cant cause they arent there
this annoys me cause this card is not old by any means..

Notice the part were I said driver updates?
If they don't offer driver updates for that product then how can you install them?? :confused: :p

You do have a good point though (as does everybody else).
It is a stupid policy for them to not even offer basic drivers for their stuff. :rolleyes:

Find me the drivers for the live 24 bit on their site.

Can I cheat and just host them myself? :D

Link

If you extract CL's 'Update' drivers (using winrar), you can install the latest drivers fine using the CTZAPP file in the drivers folder, like MisterX said.

Still, CL is wonky regardless. They don't make it easy.

Back